Talk

Advanced search

Shall we go this weekend? Too cold?

(4 Posts)
CelticPromise Mon 08-Apr-13 16:50:12

Hello wise seasoned campers,

We are camping beginners and we have booked a site for this weekend (weeks ago, when I thought we might get spring weather in April!) Forecast suggests unsettled weather and about 4 degrees at night. Is that too cold?

We don't have sleeping mats, just airbeds, and DS is 3.5. I have been stashing away cardboard to put under his mattress but I fear it will be too chilly for him. We could buy a heater if it seems worth it, but at the moment I am leaning a bit towards cancelling. WWYD?

PhyllisDoris Mon 08-Apr-13 16:53:51

Cancel. Far too cold. It will put you off for life!

bookbird Mon 08-Apr-13 17:06:38

Just back from our first camping weekend of this year. There was ice on the car during the night last night!

We had a great time, but we have a good heater (it went on every evening) and we have very good 3 season sleeping bags and thermarests. I wouldn't have gone without our kit.

If you are trying out for the first time and are in any way doubtful as to whether you'll like it, don't go. If you think you're a camping natural invest in good kit and go enjoy yourself!

CelticPromise Mon 08-Apr-13 18:03:30

Thank you so much for the replies. I'm not ready to buy more kit until we have done a few trips and decided it's worth it. We did a couple of trips with friends last summer, just thought it was time we should go ikt alone!

I think perhaps we'll put it back a month or so. Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now