Talk

Advanced search

Who got sunburnt this week?!

(8 Posts)
Khaleese Sun 07-Apr-13 19:32:12

After packing for an arctic expedition, we came home sunburnt!!

I just feel so optimistic that summers on its way ....

WallyBantersJunkBox Sun 07-Apr-13 19:44:04

Are you sure that wasn't windburn? grin

Seriously, I find that just bring outdoors for prolonged periods can give you a ruddy glow.

However I was back in the UK last week and did feel the sun on my face, in Manchester of all places!

The long term forecast for Summer isn't great though, sadly. Still I think most Brits can live with dull or overcast as long as it's not pouring with rain.

WallyBantersJunkBox Sun 07-Apr-13 19:45:00

Don't want to quash your enthusiasm btw!

Especially as we have all that SS stock to get through. wink

Khaleese Sun 07-Apr-13 19:49:11

Lol, no we are all burnt, it's shocking, never in a million years did i expect to be burnt.

WallyBantersJunkBox Sun 07-Apr-13 19:52:52

What part of the UK did you camp at?

lljkk Sun 07-Apr-13 19:54:07

I can remember getting burnt 2 yrs ago in April; luckily it has to be a lot warmer for me to bare much skin, but I even put sunscreen on my face today (under a wooly hat, still).

Our solar panels are doing 20+ units a day. shock

Khaleese Sun 07-Apr-13 20:04:38

Yorkshire! The north, no one will believe it, i know.

WallyBantersJunkBox Sun 07-Apr-13 20:13:31

No I would believe it, like I said it was very sunny in Manchester with very little cloud. DS and I have really chapped lips from being out and about all day.

Very brave to go camping. The last "early Easter" camping trip we did was to the New Forest a good 6+ years ago.

Woke with the tent roof covered in snow, DH in a cosy army sleeping bag, sound asleep. My nose nearly falling off, shivering in a cheapo Halfords one. I was too scared to check on DS in his pod! We paced up in our pj's and went home to warm up!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now