Talk

Advanced search

French campsites with big pitches and lots of space

(2 Posts)
coveredinyoghurt Tue 11-Oct-11 21:46:37

I know it's only October but have put tent away for year and getting withdrawal symptoms so thought I'd start thinking about next summer.

We had our first proper camping holiday this year in France and as much as I loved the French campsite we stayed in I found the pitches a bit small (around 100 sq metres). Are there are any campsites in France which are more like a field with a few tents in them? Bit vague I know, but would like good weather so ideally looking for a campsite in the bottom half of France. Any recommendations?

IloveJudgeJudy Fri 14-Oct-11 16:24:42

I think you'll find that the further south you go, the smaller the pitches are. Also, they are usually quite on top of each other, which we don't mind. I've never camped in a field such as you describe, but that's not to say there aren't any. Usually in the southish of France the pitches aren't really grass, but are sand/gravel with some bushes separating the pitches ime.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now