Talk

Advanced search

Wet, wet, wet

(3 Posts)
Waswildatheart Sun 02-Oct-11 20:29:53

Thought we would take advantage of the great forecast to camp on Saturday night. DH is a reluctant camper so I planned carefully and thought I had found a quiet site near to where we needed to be. Any way won't bore you with the details but I managed to book into the wrong site (similar names similar area) and when we turned up it was heaving and full of chavs. To top it all it cost a fortune so we said no and drove off..... 5 pm at night and no iPhone to help... Ended up in a rough old field with stinky loos and no showers. As we had been cycling all day this was a bad thing. Got pitched and had a good meal at pub. I paid to try get self out of the camping dog house but then it rained ALL night long. We are now back home, phew, with the wettest tent I have ever known. It is spread all over the playroom, puddling everywhere. DH is milking it for all he is worth. Why did I not book Premier Inn with it's memory foam mattresses??

mummyosaurus Sun 02-Oct-11 20:45:02

What bad luck. It’s been a heatwave almost everywhere, you managed to find rain! Hope the tent dries out soon. Better luck next time.

ubercat Sun 02-Oct-11 20:53:42

Ditto, depressing, isn't it?

I booked before I realised I was supposed to be working 9am-1pm Saturday, no worries we'll just go a bit later we thought. Finally pitched and ready to go at 4pm, lovely rest-of-afternoon but was dark for 8pm.
Pissed down all night and mahoosive tent to dry, gaaah!

On the plus side I managed to catch dh packing the dripping wet tent directly on all the sleeping bags (like he must have done last time angry ) and stop him, so I don't have the sleeping bags to dry, woot grin

No more camping this year methinks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now