Talk

Advanced search

virgin camper looking for a tent recommendation for a family of 4 that we can grow into.....

(5 Posts)
NotInTheMood Tue 27-Sep-11 20:39:35

I have two boys aged 3 and 6 so would ideally like two or 3 bedrooms that we can adapt to our needs. Hoping to spend around £200 now its out of season so looking for a good bargain. Would like a good size lounge too but a tent that's fairly easy and reliable to put up. We are going to start off weekend camping until we've built all our lit up and then maybe brave a whole week. Any advice or tips or links to good bargains really appreciated grin

hannac Wed 28-Sep-11 20:07:03

Outwell tents are fantastic. There is a great camping shop PJ Camping near the Galleria on the A1 near Hatfield 15min drive from Barnet that have the tents put up to view.

ramblingmum Fri 30-Sep-11 20:26:03

We have an outwell Minosota 4 which I think is great. Quite easy to put up and stands up to wind and rain well if you are unluck with the weather.
It has 2 bedrooms and dh still thinks we should of got the bigger montana 6 which has 3 bedrooms.

Jumbs Tue 04-Oct-11 13:51:00

I've got boys 2.5 & 4 so similar ages to yours. Earlier this year we bought a Vango tigris 600 but it was too big and faulty. We've recently bought a Outwell Oakland XL. It has two generously sized sleeping compartments, good sized porch area for a family of 4. Good level of waterproofness (v.important in my opinion). Not too difficult to put up (but whatever tent you buy check you tube for video demos, v. useful). Can be had for around £200 in the sale now.

Go outdoors are nationwide I believe and all the ones I've been too have tent displays that are still open (most tent display close for the winter). Nothing beats looking at tents up to see what you fancy.

IloveJudgeJudy Wed 05-Oct-11 10:20:42

Recommend Hi-Gear Voyager 6. My DB has it and it's lovely. It has two sleeping areas and a lovely large living area with two doors and some windows so it is lovely and light. DB says it takes him 20 mins to put up on his own (not including pegs) and it's easy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now