Talk

Advanced search

What product would you like camping manufacturers to invent?

(19 Posts)
Blu Wed 21-Sep-11 10:04:18

My choice would be silent zips.

janinlondon Wed 21-Sep-11 11:39:44

I will buy the first tent off your production line Blu. And the first sleeping bags too. I charged DD with inventing these last summer, but she has clearly not comprehended the importance of the task and seems to have made no progress. I am relying on you.

A tent that can put its own pegs in.

soupisgoodfood Wed 21-Sep-11 12:04:22

A tent that dries itself all rolled up in its bag.

Bastard weather.

SlubberOfDave Wed 21-Sep-11 13:58:50

Something to warm up the inside of my tent on cold evenings that doesn't need plugging into ehu but does not require setting fire to something. And also looks nice. And no to batteries either.

Some sort of solar/wind/layline energy capacitor, that looks attractive.

Blu Wed 21-Sep-11 15:30:36

jan (hello!) we need to get your dd and my ds together. He is planning his career as an inventor, has decided he will focus on the leisure industry because there will always be a market, and says that a silent zip will be one of his first projects. But we blearly have less vim than you and dd as we were planning on waiting til he had dine his GCSEs, at least.

And ooh, YES to an in-bag tent drying capacity!

Quenelle Wed 21-Sep-11 15:32:52

Something for poking snorers in the tent next door.

And the tent 10 yards away come to think of it.

YellowDave Wed 21-Sep-11 17:13:10

A BIG vote here for a tent that can dry itself in its own bag. I would buy that one tomorrow if it existed!

3rdnparty Wed 21-Sep-11 20:16:23

I would like a camping kit mountain essentials compressor so it all fits nicely into the boot of a small, fast, easy to park car..grin

LidlVoice Fri 23-Sep-11 12:59:11

janinlondon I have a zipless sleeping bag. It's called a duvet grin

needanewname Tue 27-Sep-11 20:33:11

something that properly takes the air out of those vacuum bag things so that I can still take my duvet camping even though really there is no room in the car, what I use now is OK but not sure how much longer DH will let me get away with it!

self-levelling airbeds/SIMs

Blu Thu 06-Oct-11 10:58:28

Self-inflating proper feather pillows - or needanewname's vacuum device that will reduce featehr pillows to a thin sliver.

Caveman - Do you mean self-levelling in the sense that they would be non-sloping on sloping ground? Good idea!

No progress on the silent zips yet...

yes exactly that blu grin

LoonyRationalist Thu 06-Oct-11 11:32:08

A tent that you can exit in the rain without getting wet.

And yy to a soundproof tent ;)

Blu Thu 06-Oct-11 15:20:07

I have been mentally designing a silicon fold-flat cafitiere. The plunger would need to be hinged so that it could be folded flat against the stick-bit, the beaker could be silicone. POssibly the whole thing would be rectangular rather than round.

What am I on about? The plunger / filter bit can just be unscrewed, like a normal cafitiere.

blu - may I point you in the direction of this ebay shop? Not quite what you are after but getting close:

stores.ebay.co.uk/Wacky-Practicals?_trksid=p4340.l2563&clk_rvr_id=271841895899&afsrc=1

Blu Fri 07-Oct-11 13:36:54

ooh, very good, filter coffee is acceptable in an emergency...

lovecat Mon 10-Oct-11 20:41:42

yy to a heat source that doesn't need EHU, isn't going to kill me in the night, can be knocked over by hyperactive DD without causing a fire and won't necessitate cutting a hole in my precious canvas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now