Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Laid back but taking no shit, only Schnitzel...

(442 Posts)
SeaShellsInTheMoonlight Tue 13-Sep-11 08:38:26

sorry, my phone ground to a halt on the other thread this morning!

I hope you found me smile

lostinwales Tue 13-Sep-11 10:08:48

Found you! Morning campers, hi de hi!

Sorry don't know where that came from blush

So the weather isn't looking too good for a final camp this weekend either, sob, do you think I will dare go in October, DH thinks we might be able to go in half term but I think he is delusional! Although if we do go then I will surely have to purchase an axe as we will need loads of firewood <hopeful>

MisSal, oh yes I am deliciously flabby at the moment. The main reason I don't wear a wetsuit is so the bull seal doesn't try to mate with me grin. I used to be sturdy but fit but have slid into blubber through inactivity, I could go into a woe is me moment but basically I have degenerative arthritis in my thoracic spine so one sea swim = one day unable to move very much, hence the increased posting on MN!

ChippyMinton Tue 13-Sep-11 10:17:16

Hello all. How is everyone?
I have ruined my lawn by having the teepee and pup tent up for 3 weeks. Had to take them down in fear of Hurricane Katia.

<marks place for winter camping chat>

notwavingjustironing Tue 13-Sep-11 10:23:16

<<claps>>

The other thread was turning into a bit of a nightmare. Loving the title. I fear we have just given away the last vestiges of sanity away in the view of the rest of MN.

Haven't blown away yet. In fact, it looks like Autumn is supposed to look, with sunshine, and coloured leaves and blustery clouds and blue sky..... shall we go camping?

<<shakes self>>

Funtimewincies Tue 13-Sep-11 10:37:31

<makes self comfortable and cracks open a beer smile>

<remembers how many points a bottle of beer is hmm>

<shrugs and promises to lay off the crisps instead grin>

Snort at the bull seals lost. I know that my cleavage is getting too big as both the dc keep trying to tuck their hands down it when sitting on my lap as it 'feels so soft and squidgy and I can get both my hands in' according to ds1 confused.

First day counting points was OK. I usually eat really seasonally (e.g. no salad Oct-June and no leeks March-November) as I eat what I grow which is a bit of a recipe for getting larger over the winter. Funny, I didn't lose any over the summer though when I was drowning in lettuce hmm.

Like the thread itile by the way. Hope it doesn't attract perverts schnitzel obsessives though!

YellowDinosaur Tue 13-Sep-11 14:05:31

Hello all!

Well imho the thread title is guaranteed to keep the rest of the nutters out there MN well and truely away as they will think we are loons (they may well be right [grain])

I too sniggered at the thought of losty attracting too much attention from the seals in her wetsuit grin - sorry!

Not well today so on the sofa feeling very sorry for myself in my dressing gown. Just caught up with Big Brother - is anyone else watching it? Last few series I have watched the launch show then lost interest within a week. While this time the house is mostly ful of the usual wannabes I actually think I might get into it! We'll see though!

notwavingjustironing Tue 13-Sep-11 14:09:44

Sorry to hear that Yellow - you mentioned your DS2 was a bit off the other day, do you think you both have the same thing?

YellowDinosaur Tue 13-Sep-11 16:47:49

Could well have notwaving. In all honesty I have felt under the weather for the last 2-3 weeks off and on but had presumed that I was doing a bit much of burning the candle at both ends and a little too much wine [grain]. Not drank for the last couple of nights thoughand trying to take it easier but shattered and fluey (although not proper flu as have had that and it was much worse than this). Hopefully the morning in bed and afternoon on the sofa will sort me out!

brambleschooks Tue 13-Sep-11 19:13:42

Sofa surfing is definitely the way forward. Saw the big bro intro, but looked as if it would be a bit spicy and that I would get hooked!

Thread chicks doing well although one escaped during dh mowing sessin. Could have been nasty,but he spotted it. Think we definitely have two frizzled ones as the feathers are coming-out twisty. Jury's out on number three. Dotties are showing lovely little feather tips. They are total space cadets and up to all sorts of mischief.

Slubberdegullion Tue 13-Sep-11 20:06:41

hello all.
hahaha at the thread title. i had another one tonight. schnizel that is. with onions and mushrooms and bacon. and a few beers natch.
so i am in a bed for the fisrt time in over five weeks.
dh and i agreed that camping tonight and tomorrow night was weather dependant. having driven north for five hours we get out of the car and it is COLD. and i have no fleecy pjs. so gasthaus it is i can see my loo. such a novelty.

Slubberdegullion Tue 13-Sep-11 20:10:30

tomorrow we visit monschau. centre for mustard apparently. an will have a walk in the naturparc. then one last pork dinner and then holland on thursday. quite looking forward to beng back now.
sal i hope you took photos of the tent.
i have inly seen one dewaard in all my time away.

scaryt Tue 13-Sep-11 20:11:32

Hilarious thread title, really made me grin. Total loons.

Yellow sorry to hear you're poorly, hope you're being looked after.

Lost you're officially my hero. If sea swimming laid me up for a day I wouldn't be doing it at all.

Bramble I have a lovely image of your space cadety chicks, thank goodness your dh spotted the escapee.

Slubber, I can't believe your adventure continues. What a summer.

My class are settling and the 4 teary ones had stopped by the end of the register. Result.

Slubberdegullion Tue 13-Sep-11 20:12:54

oh and yy to fat moustursation bramble. am a bit peely. got v burnt yesterday

JetLi Tue 13-Sep-11 20:44:41

Bonsoir

Soooo behind on the old thread now. I need to go back and catch up. Had a long weekend at Thornton le Dale along with the MIL - interesting trip! Then we have been wiped out here by the first D&V bug of the season sad It has rattled through the whole house despite my best efforts with steam cleaning, alcohol gel and industrial strength disinfectant.

Hope all are well - I shall now go & catch up with a drop of wine

brambleschooks Tue 13-Sep-11 20:57:20

Meh to sunburn and meh to puking.

I've had the drive dug up slubber, and filled with molten lard. It will moisturise you nicely and then baste the hog roast installed on the opposite field. Be good to have you back. Punches slubber mateily and sidles off.

JetLi Tue 13-Sep-11 21:46:19

Brambles - how is your Dad?

Lost - are you enjoying the Tour of Britain? The weather has looked fearsome so far. Geraint for stage win tomorrow, no? Gutted for Brad in the Vuelta. Impressed by Teva purchase & pictures - anyone else spotted any end-of-season bargains? iPhone speakers? Def firepit.

lovecat - your photos were fab - I did catch those a week or so ago before the illness struck! Your poor friend - I have every sympathy with a midge problem, even without teeth. How is the decorating going? <<faints at the mouse>>

reshape - That was an awesome packing list shock Tetris indeed! 7 degrees - holy fuck shock Love that photo though - I have pumpkin buggy lights for Halloween & also Christmas ones [grain]

Kit storage - loft and garage combo here. Sleeping bags in the tops of wardrobes for DP family sleepovers - chuffing hundreds of the buggers

Meet-up - We are not far from Sheffield

MisSal - laughed at the chain restaurant - oh to eat a meal in peace is bliss isn't it? Fab news re: the stove - any definite winter camping plans then?

Seashells - love the new thread title grin Which thread was Discussion of the day????? Oh blush romantic camping, I see it now.

Scaryt - I would also love one of this well paid/no responibility jobs please - less pressure needed here. As with Seashells, I invest twice weekly in the lottery. By DD no less. DD1's nursery is waiting on OFSTED. If they don't get an outstanding then someone wants shooting with shit. How well paid are OFSTED inspectors?

Yellow - I am a relatively recent Silent Witness fan & record them on Alibi now so I can do a full 2 & a half hour fest. That and Waking the Dead.

Brambles - I'm on own brand gin now - economising. Going to get some Lidls this week as it is meant to be not bad. I figure it'll be OK with decent tonic. Congrats on the chicks.

slubber - hols sound fab, despite chronic hairiness & constipation. Hope the North Sea is kind to you.

notwaving - I love camping in the rain - the noise & being cosy and all. DP hates it and starts developing trench foot of the mouth.

I may never eat Indian food again as that was what was brought back up when the vomiting struck [heave]

I managed 10 minutes of slumdog before wondering how this could be a "feelgood film" - I blame having kids.

Gawd I'm only up to the end of August <<gulp>>

JetLi Tue 13-Sep-11 22:01:55

Oh God what happened to GentleOtter? sad something else to catch up on.

scaryt - we have a Touran & still end up rammed to the roof.

OK now I need to stop to watch The Killing... Later dudes!

MisSalLaneous Tue 13-Sep-11 22:20:55

grin at poor JetLi scrolling through hundreds a couple of posts! Great seeing you again, JetLi! No definite plans yet, think it will be a last-minute thing. The good thing about winter is that you don't need to book ages ahead like we have to do for any decent places in SE during summer (not sure if same situation everywhere), so the idea is that if we're free a weekend and weather looks dry, we'll jump in the car and see how it goes. Won't be December-cold type weather though!

Thanks for new thread, SeaShells. Always good starting a new one. Give it two days and we'll have to start thinking of another one...

Hahaha Lost. Am sure that's not true (obviously!), but still made me laugh!

Poor Yellow. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Slubber, re tent. Oh yes, I took about a million (ok, 5) photos for my imaginary friend, as dh has taken to calling you lot. Once stupid Flickr lets me into my 'MN' account again (was deactivated due to inactivity), will upload there and link. Can't be bothered to change all settings on my MN profile again - not sure why, but it always feel like such a palaver doing it. Probably all in my head.

Talking of head, I'm currently dosed up on Lemsip. Hate change of season colds. Still, not actually proper ill, just feeling a bit woe is me.

MisSalLaneous Tue 13-Sep-11 23:44:33

Slubber, just for you: De Waard smile

JetLi Wed 14-Sep-11 08:03:35

Superb tent MisSal! [grain] - hope the cold is better soon. I miss Lemsip. Having been either pregnant or BF for the last gazillion years, I haven't had one in ages.

Nose to the grindstone now (old thread)

Slubberdegullion Wed 14-Sep-11 08:13:24

i will look forward to viewing them on my return sal
i wonder here the de waard shop is
we have a day to kill in holland tomorrow before the ferry.
last night was the worst night sleep i have had insix weeks.
four am i got to sleep.
i have gone feral. i need to bed dowm five cm above the earth in order to settle.
in other news this gasthaus has those old fashioned german loos with a shelf with which one may examine ones own turds. exciting stuff.

JetLi Wed 14-Sep-11 08:14:45

I will google shop Slubber

SeaShellsInTheMoonlight Wed 14-Sep-11 08:16:50

Hello Jetli and chippy!good to "see" you both again smile Jetli-did you take notes? An impressive commitment to our waffling

Misssal-the dewaard looks lurvely-though dh flicked through to your bell tent piccies and he still prefers that one (and loves your set up). Was is noticeably lower at the edges.

So we have one trip booked already for next august-I'm hoping after this year's failure to have more than one trip, will not be repeate next year!

Safe trip home Slubber!

Slubberdegullion Wed 14-Sep-11 08:17:14

i really missed waking up in the tent with a child tucked up against me and having breakfast outside and making espresso on the gaz stove. on the other hand i am not loving wearing yesterdays pants so much as i only have one clean pair left to last two more days.

JetLi Wed 14-Sep-11 08:19:09

I am just C&P this from UK Campsite:

"De Vrijbuiter in Gouda have a De Waard shop in the store and they are on the way to Obelink (sort of on the same main road), this means you can check them out first then visit Obelink so you have the chance to decide amongst three different brands (De Vrijbuiter have a big in store display of lots of other tents as well, not just pyramids). There is also a camping shop in Barendrecht (outskirts of Rotterdam) that has a nice display of Karsten inflatable tents but they only take cash or Dutch debit cards). The advantage with the Netherlands is it is so small you can get anywhere in under three hours. Never been to Obelink but De Vrijbuiter have a large range of tarps that match the tent colours.

Gouda is also a nice town just to visit, it has the longest church in the Netherlands with some interesting history to it."

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now