Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got a Vango Samara? Or can recommend a 6 person tent?

(9 Posts)
Pawsnclaws Mon 05-Sep-11 18:27:15

We need to upgrade our tent now we have ds3 and thought the Samara looked good but there seem to be few reviews. We liked the Diablo but it seems it's no longer in production.

We'd like a quality 6 person tent, two bedrooms, living space not quite so important and weight not an issue as we always have the car with us. Main priority though is waterproofness!!

Any recommendations?

Avantia Mon 05-Sep-11 18:48:08

Outwell Montana 6.

6 berth - two large sleeping compartments which you can unzip to make one large .

Large 'living' area.

IloveJudgeJudy Mon 05-Sep-11 21:34:46

Hi-Gear Voyager 6. My DB has one. It has two bedrooms, I think and a huge living area. You can buy a porch, too. Go Outdoors quite often have it on offer.

Pawsnclaws Mon 05-Sep-11 21:41:00

Thanks both, I will look those up.

Jojay Mon 05-Sep-11 21:42:17

Another vote for the Outwell Montana - we have one and it's great.

greygirl Tue 06-Sep-11 13:23:48

we've just bought a vango maritsa 700 (sleeps 7, they come in a 600 also, which sleeps 6). It is a fantastic tent - there are three compartments (so you get a porch, a living area and a sleping inner tent). it is certainly roomy, but very sturdy and nice. there were some bad reviews about the 2010 leaking, but the 2011 seems to not have these problems, so worth a look also (and go outdoors had sold out when we went to buy one, which was interesting).

justaboutstillhere Tue 06-Sep-11 13:24:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pawsnclaws Wed 07-Sep-11 20:05:59

Well we managed to get a quick look today at our local showroom which doesn't stock a massive range - only really Vango and Outwell (though we have a 4 man Outwell now which we've been happy with).

Managed to see the Montana and the Maritsa - both impressive. Also looked at the Vango Midas which I liked as it had bedrooms at each end but less living space - but it could be supplied with a large canopy.

Will try and get to a bigger showroom this weekend as I'd really like to see all the possibilities. I thought the deals on offer today were really good though!

Miriellesansfr Thu 08-Sep-11 13:48:16

Maybe a bit late to this but we picked up a Vango Orly 500 with Carpet and Footprint. Well worth the asking price and it is a breeze to setup.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now