Talk

Advanced search

Anyone recommend an Annecy campsite?

(5 Posts)
Welshchick Fri 02-Sep-11 06:22:25

annecy looks lovely and was wondering if anyone had been to any nice campsites. Need the usual playgrounds, pool/ slides for the kids. I like quiet after 10! Thanks

usuallydormant Fri 02-Sep-11 21:24:15

I've stayed in lac bleu, at the other end of the lake to annecy and it was lovely at end of June: direct access to the lake, pool, basic playground. Europa is a bit bigger: decent pool complex, good restaurant but our pitch was near the main road and I found it very noisy at night. Great fun if your kids are old enough to play themselves but I didnt rate it for toddlers.

I've also heard good reports about a site beside Tailloires.

Annecy is a fantastic place for camping: stay on the side of the lake with the dedicated cycle path, it's brilliant and a good way of avoiding the horrendous traffic during the summer. Lots and lots to do outside the campsite and the scenery is out of this world.

Welshchick Sat 03-Sep-11 08:54:57

Thanks so much for that. Am booking next years holiday at work and then I can start booking eurotunnel. Am looking forward to it already!

ivykaty44 Sat 03-Sep-11 22:07:21

I stayed two nights last year at a campsite at annecey but the camp was basic though pleasant enough and access to the lake across the road.

We then moved on about 10km and it made a lot of difference to noise levels and the next site had a lovely pool.

it maybe worthwhile looking juts a little away from the actual lake if you want a more peaceful stay and be away from traffic noise etc.

Avantia Tue 06-Sep-11 06:32:41

There is a site in Taillores right on the lake , we went to have alook at it - very small pitches , very close together . We didn't rate it . I'm sorry but can't remember name .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now