Talk

Advanced search

Anyone recommend a campsite with yurts or farm with bell tents type things in Devon Cornwall?

(15 Posts)
Lotkinsgonecurly Thu 01-Sep-11 23:06:20

Ideally for early next week? We're meant to be camping but can't be arsed to sort out all the camping equipment again so thought we'd go for some luxury. Anyone recommend anywhere? Please?

MadameBoo Fri 02-Sep-11 00:19:59

We just stayed here. We camped in our own tent but the yurts looked lovely. We loved and we'll be going back.

Jux Fri 02-Sep-11 00:23:26

I knew someone with a farm who had yurted a field a couple of years ago. Haven't seen them for a long time, but I'll try to find them and see if they're still doing it. Probably a bit late tonight, but will see what I can do in the morning.

Lotkinsgonecurly Fri 02-Sep-11 09:49:41

Madame looks lovely but think they're full for this weekend. Good to know for another time.

ChristinedePizan Fri 02-Sep-11 09:56:29

The people that run this place are really nice - south Devon, not far from the coast

MadameBoo Fri 02-Sep-11 10:45:25

Oh yes, sorry Lotkins. Hope you find a good one. I've heard good things about the Maker site.

MadameBoo Fri 02-Sep-11 10:46:46

www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=8726

Jux Fri 02-Sep-11 15:49:43

OK, here's the guys I know: Cuckoo Down Farm

Jux Fri 02-Sep-11 15:52:23

Near the Blackdowns btw

MadameBoo Fri 02-Sep-11 17:20:49

I have bookmarked that Jux, I love that part of the world (I lived in Exmouth for a couple of years).

Jux Fri 02-Sep-11 17:31:54

They're a great pair too. He's the leading light of Taste of the West, so they can tell you where to get the best.....

SuePurblybilt Fri 02-Sep-11 17:35:11

these people are the basic back-to-nature camp - in the forest, real fires, dead quiet.

No pools or park or anything but a lovely experience.

UniS Fri 02-Sep-11 20:06:23

Yarde orchard ( google it) have 3 Basic yurts. Not very expensive but Not luxury. Nice cafe.

captainpig Fri 02-Sep-11 22:33:41

I've just come back from Cuckoo Down Farm, it was fabulous, have already booked for next year.

fishandlilacs Sat 24-Sep-11 13:06:16

www.cornishyurts.co.uk/

we stayed here at easter this year-it was bloody lovely-fresh milk dipped straight from the cows by the farmers wife, home made scones and jam and a cornish basket of goodies on arrival, log burners, proper beds, lighting, flooring-lovely clean facilities and kitchens. Gas bbq's provided for cooking.

waaaay waay down the bottom of cornwall though-but totally worth the extra 40 mins in the car, it's really very wild and lovely there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now