Talk

Advanced search

covers for airbeds

(8 Posts)
clangermum Thu 01-Sep-11 14:54:55

Someone a while ago mentioned a kind of slip cover for airbeds that help stop that feeling you get partway through the night that the cold air is rising to meet you....can anyone remember if they have a specific name? I think they were available from wilkos but couldn't see anything in my local one or online.

IloveJudgeJudy Thu 01-Sep-11 14:57:49

What we use is a plastic-backed picnic rug. You could also use any rug or anything a bit thicker than a sheet. Put it on top of the airbed, not under it.

clangermum Thu 01-Sep-11 16:45:22

Thanks Ilove

nobodysfool Fri 02-Sep-11 21:47:28

these?

Migsy1 Sat 03-Sep-11 00:07:36

They look like a great idea!

IloveJudgeJudy Sat 03-Sep-11 11:17:48

I suggested the plastic-backed rugs as your body warmth won't go through them to the air in the bed and thus into the ground. The fleecy ones are lovely, but your body warmth will go through them, I think, more than through a plastic-backed rug.

nobodysfool Sat 03-Sep-11 12:37:49

I bought the Wilkinsons fleecy ones as we originally wanted air beds then we found the delights of SIMS and i made cotton covers lined with the fleecy covers...they were lovely and snug.

clangermum Sat 03-Sep-11 17:18:39

Thanks nobodysfool

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now