Talk

Advanced search

Family Camping South of France - Where ?

(3 Posts)
Tillyboo Tue 30-Aug-11 18:36:48

Hi, we may embark on a family camping holiday next summer with my brother & his family as Villa Rental prices are really high !
We don't want to 'Glamp' but do want a high end/ more luxurious campsite where we can take our own tents or hire (don't really mind which).

We want to be on the coast so the kids can enjoy the sea (South of France ?), clean loo's & showers etc., some entertainment, activities etc too would be good. Kids ages are 13, 8, 7 & 1

Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks !

cheerup Tue 30-Aug-11 22:23:30

We've just come back from Le Dauphin at Argeles Sur Mer. Argeles itself isn't the best although the beach is great and plenty to do, but the back country is beautiful as are nearby coastal towns like Coilloure. It's also really close to Spain and the Pyrenees. We hired a Eurocamp tent which had it's own shower/toilet/washing up facilities on the pitch and the you can also book these pitches direct from the campsite. We all had a great time and enjoyed the somewhat cheesy very French entertainment and the 4 pools, one of which has jacuzzis, hydro massaging bits, bubble loungers and slides. I would definitely recommend it for a very relaxing holiday and a nice mix of nationalities - predominently French but a fair few Brits/Dutch/Germans too - and caravan/tents.

Jumbs Wed 31-Aug-11 11:00:58

My parents live just inland of Argeles sur Mere. My DC's love it round there, very touristy so plenty to do. Although we have the luxury of not having to camp!

If you want high end look at some of the chains, yelloh village, kawan etc I've been to yelloh village at tarascon (nr pyrenees so not coastal) and a kawan (again not near the sea) but they have plenty of sites, clean, usually a pool complex and some low key kids entertainment/kids club, bar/restaurant etc.
There is also canvas holidays, where you can hire a tent on an existing site, I guess a bit like eurocamp.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now