Talk

Advanced search

What to pack for camping this week?

(10 Posts)
DooinMeCleanin Tue 30-Aug-11 09:20:32

We are in the NE. They are going to be camping near Whitby. MY mum has asked for their summer holiday clothes (We holiday abroad so this is little summery playsuits and vests and shorts) plus cardigans.

We have just gotten back from 30degree+ heat, so they are still feeling the cold.

They need jeans and long sleeves yes?

IloveJudgeJudy Tue 30-Aug-11 09:30:22

They will need track suit bottoms rather than jeans as when jeans get wet, which they will, they take ages to dry and get heavy and uncomfortable. They will also need fleeces, scarves, hats (to wear at bedtime, too), gloves and coats. Cagoules or waterproofs are a good thing, too as are wellingtons. If they've got croc-type shoes, they're great for being able to slip on easily without buttoning or tying, to go out quickly, to the loo or whatever.

They will also need blankets as well as sleeping bags as ime you can cope with almost anything if you've had a good, warm night's sleep.

I hope your DC have a lovely time.

chimchar Tue 30-Aug-11 09:32:17

thermals!!! wink

DooinMeCleanin Tue 30-Aug-11 10:10:09

Dd1 will not wear tracksuits. Jeggings is the closest we can get her to leggings.

I've packed dd2 leggings and joggers. Dd1 will have to cope with soggy jeans. They have fleecy nightwear and thick cardigans plus rain macs. Dd2 has crocs. I'll pack those.

addictediam Tue 30-Aug-11 10:35:31

Wellies! and jumpers (more than ypu think they will need) thick socks, plus an exyra blanket or 2 for bedtime.

Agree you can cope with anything aslong as you've had a good night sleep.

SherlockHolmes Tue 30-Aug-11 23:47:45

So sad that that's what you have to pack for a "summer" holiday in the UK!

jennifersofia Tue 30-Aug-11 23:51:14

We camped a few weeks ago in Dorset and I was on 4 layers a day, so yes, wooly hats and some good socks. Fleece is good!

FlubbaBubba Tue 30-Aug-11 23:54:20

We were in Whitby a week or so back (not camping) and the kids needed long sleeves, jumpers and socks etc. sad

Camping at the start of the summer, they were all down to just knickers/nappies.

Layers, layers, layers smile

Jumbs Wed 31-Aug-11 10:36:45

We are going tomorrow. I am packing everything from swimming trunks and UV tops to thermal tops, fleeces and waterproofs! Realistically the fleeces and waterproofs are more likely to be used but I can live in hope! We are going to dorset coast so much further south than whitby.

Hopefully they will be wearing shorts, tshirts and sweatshirts mainly tho. I agree, jeans are a pain, I keep mine in shorts even in rain if its warm enough as the bottoms don't get wet in long campsite grass.

Jumbs Wed 31-Aug-11 10:37:26

bottoms of the trousers I mean!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now