Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend really warm children's pyjamas?

(38 Posts)
UnSerpentQuiCourt Tue 30-Aug-11 08:51:16

Can anyone recommend some really warm pyjamas for a 4-year old? When I google I just get sites selling thin Disney stuff or white cotton nightdresses. I need something which will allow her to get up in the morning without whining, now that autumn is fast approaching. I thought that camping people might have some good ideas!

Bumpinthenight Tue 30-Aug-11 11:20:24

Ah, for camping my DD wears normal PJs and then a fleece sleepsuit on top!!

Would one of those work? Failing that last year Matalan did fleecy/warmer PJs and M&S has some nice ones.

bruffin Tue 30-Aug-11 11:23:30

Primark are selling fleece suits up to adult size. My teenage dc have tiger ones blush

Cleverything Tue 30-Aug-11 11:25:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kiery Tue 30-Aug-11 11:27:34

I buy my girls' cosy fleece sleepsuits from Donann made in England and you can get adults sizes too!

planetpotty Tue 30-Aug-11 11:27:39

Same as bruffin I would go for the Primark all in one romper suit thing.

My DSD 8 yrs has one and regularly has to take it of as she is "ROASTING!!!" smile

Naetha Tue 30-Aug-11 11:42:49

I'll second primark fleecy pyjamas and sleepsuits.

hillbilly Tue 30-Aug-11 12:05:40

M & S have some nice brushed cotton pj's at the moment and they are super warm.

ragged Tue 30-Aug-11 12:29:56

Another vote for M&S.

UnSerpentQuiCourt Tue 30-Aug-11 18:50:54

Surely the problem with the all-in-ones is that when she gets up for a wee in the night, she has to expose her top half to the cold ... unless maybe she wears in thin long-sleeve T-shirt underneath ...

pixi2 Tue 30-Aug-11 18:53:51

boots do good pyjamas. Pick flanette ones with a fleece sleepsuit to go over. Oh, and bedsocks are essential.

dancingintherain Tue 30-Aug-11 19:58:53

Mine wear thermal base layer tops and leggings for camping pyjamas if its chilly - think we got them for trespass in pale blue - really warm!

biscuitmad Tue 30-Aug-11 22:19:13

I got thermal tops for young children from primark and they keep my lo warm. He also wears fleece pyjammers on top and socks. And he puts on a wooly hat, I find his ears get cold in the night.

TheRedQueen Tue 30-Aug-11 22:23:33

DD wears thermal leggings and long-sleeved tops from M&S. The price was reasonable, and she always seems warm as toast.

TRQ

QuintessentialShadow Tue 30-Aug-11 22:26:27

Merino wool leggings and long sleeved top. Non itching and snug. Any good sport shop catering to the skiing crowd will have them.

UnSerpentQuiCourt Wed 31-Aug-11 18:28:37

Yes, ski shop is a good idea. I am trying to approach winter with a positive attitude and avoid whining due to cold.

AngryFeet Wed 31-Aug-11 18:30:24

Definitely primark for fleece PJs - very cosy and very cheap smile

Ineedalife Wed 31-Aug-11 22:25:58

Another vote for primarmi here. Dd3 wears cotton pj's and then fleece ones over the top.

Buy the round neck ones though, the button ones always come undone in the night.

UnSerpentQuiCourt Thu 01-Sep-11 15:22:31

Went rushing off to town today, to track down Primark pyjamas ... to discover that what I thought was Primark was actually Peacocks and rubbish for pyjamas - only little nylony things with cartoon characters. sad The search continues ....

justhe1 Thu 01-Sep-11 15:24:37

primark,
fantastic, cheep, fleecy and thick, my ds LOVES his Primark PJs.
In fact every one on my Christmas list are getting Primark PJs this year.

CaptainNancy Fri 02-Sep-11 00:08:29

Mine just wear normal cotton pjs, and have very good sleeping bags. Sometimes the 2yo has to wear a jumper, as he wriggles out frequently, but usually no problems.

Saggyoldclothcatpuss Fri 02-Sep-11 00:14:35

mountain warehouse/millets thermal base layers. My whole family owns them. I sew myself into mine come october and wear them constantly till may! (obviously noy literally grin) I always wear them for camping. [toastie emoticon]

Wabbit Fri 02-Sep-11 00:14:41

What about a base layer?

Under PJs you could use these

DS has had them for the last two winters in kindergarten and will again this year - they wear well and are fabulously soft

Wabbit Fri 02-Sep-11 00:16:05

x-posted with saggyoldclothcatpuss smile

Mammonite Fri 02-Sep-11 23:45:49

velour pyjamas?

I picked up some like this in a French supermarket because the boys are growing out of their fleece pyjamas

Sorry just noticed you have a DD but they do the velvet ones for girls too. Have you got a really fluffy dressing gown and bootee slippers too?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now