Talk

Advanced search

Nice campsite for a couple of days-suggestions please.

(4 Posts)
waitingtobeamummy Thu 25-Aug-11 12:50:50

Me and dh have a monday and tuesday off together and so want do go camping early/mid september. We live in the Midands so dont want to travel too far as ideally could arrive sunday evening but if not Monday morning
Would like a nice cosy site with toilets and showers and walking distance to shop/pub. Would be nice to be walking distance to a village too but doesn't matter if not.
Just want a bit of a get away for a couple of days, so lovely mumsnetters have you any ideas???

SherlockHolmes Thu 25-Aug-11 19:45:35

We stayed here last week. The campsite was very spacious, the showers and toilets very clean and smart. There is a tea shop which opens from about 10am for light lunches/snacks etc. The local pub is a 15 minute walk, but is very cosy with lovely food and real ale. The village also has a convenience store and good butcher's and deli. Cost £11.50 per night for me, DH and DS. Highly recommended if you want to travel this far smile

camperdeb Thu 01-Sep-11 12:56:25

Try Steadings Park in Suffolk. A rural site with free showers & toilets and less than 10 minutes to a great village pub.

mogs0 Thu 01-Sep-11 15:12:44

We have stayed here a few times and it's a great place.

The last time we stayed my friend came too and drove from near Stafford. I think it took just under 2 hours to get to the site.

There is a visitor centre with cafe and amazing mountain walks. I'm not sure how far the nearest pub is but probably walkable in about 20mins.

Toilets and showers are very good!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now