Talk

Advanced search

Ignorant or plain selfish?

(8 Posts)
Heavymetalmater Mon 22-Aug-11 21:21:17

just returned from camping weekend. Lovely quiet family site. A family rock up at eight and start pitching tent etc. Not a problem as judjing by their accents they had travelled quite a way. My issue is that they continued to talk and make noise in their tent until 2 am. It was only when a small child shouted out for them to be quiet, that they shut up.

I am amazed that people would think its ok to chat until that time, or do some people just not care.

Pamplemoussse Mon 22-Aug-11 22:36:30

did the site not have rules?

anyway, plain rude

MadamDeathstare Mon 22-Aug-11 22:40:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MadamDeathstare Mon 22-Aug-11 22:42:09

Sofabitch Mon 22-Aug-11 22:44:26

*is guilty of talking till gone 2am when camping.

BluddyMoFo Mon 22-Aug-11 22:56:18

Mumleigh Tue 23-Aug-11 21:46:56

This happened to us at Woodhill in Cromer on Friday night. Exactly the same - they arrived late and were pitching in the dark and then proceeded to talk until gone 2am - I was fuming! Didn't feel too bad when my kids started chatting at 7 in the morning especially as I had heard the women announce to the whole campsite at 2am that she was setting her alarm for 10am!

Blu Wed 24-Aug-11 16:09:29

Very bad behaviour.

But if the campsite has a rule about quiet after a certain time (usually 11), if they were disturbing me I would wait til 15 mins after the quiet time and then go over and politely ask them to keep it right down.

I did this last w/e.Ttwo families camping together getting more excited and loud as the night wore on (it was Sunday, lots of people had left so I wonder if they thought their neighbours were now further away and couldn't hear?), so at midnight I went over, was friendly and polite, and after inviting me to join them, they apologised, were nice about it, and did quieten right down. They did carry on sitting out and talking, but v quietly and it didn't disturb me.

Don't stew about it, don't lose sleep, do something!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now