Talk

Advanced search

tent carpets??

(14 Posts)
lisad123 Mon 22-Aug-11 20:12:31

are they all pretty much the same, or are some types better than others?
TIA

Lilyloo Mon 22-Aug-11 20:14:30

I think you are pretty much restricted to the one made for your tent

lisad123 Mon 22-Aug-11 20:24:15

ah see thats where the problem is, they dont make them for mine, so trying to find one in the same size.

Jumbs Mon 22-Aug-11 22:40:31

I just bought a v.large picnic blanket for ours rather than a carpet. The type with a foil backing and a woven top, roughly 2m square. Cost £10 in Lidl. I don't want the entire porch area carpeted, only the bit where we sit.

It is much easier to take the blanket out for a good shake and pop back in. I don't want to be sweeping a carpet on my holiday!

Suppose it is not so nice as the proper carpets, but def cheaper, def smaller to pack (important for us) and I can also use for a picnic!

nobodysfool Mon 22-Aug-11 23:39:26

lisad123 - i have had the same problem with finding a tent carpet to fit my tent.Its living area is 4m x 4.4m so i had real trouble finding one that was big enough.Stubled across a company called Attwools as i had heard the do carpets made to measure.Ordered one and am so please with it.I had a choice of colour and it is lined with the silver paddded stuff.At £98 it is lot of money BUT it lovely.

mel2005 Tue 23-Aug-11 15:02:25

we have a 5m bell tent, so i bought a couple of carpets from go outdoors for the hi-gear tent in the sale and adapted them. if you go on the website you can find the sizes of the hi-grear carpets and see if they have any the right size, i always look at the tent footprint as well to check to shape of the porch area, we needed a round edge but there are alot of square ones. they were under £30 each.

needanewname Thu 25-Aug-11 20:49:40

what tent do you have, maybe someone on here ahas the same one and they can recommend

dearprudence Thu 25-Aug-11 20:52:11

I always used 3 large rugs. They can be easily shaken out, and will go in the washing machine when we get home.

IloveJudgeJudy Thu 25-Aug-11 20:54:42

Lisa, are you talking for your Pullman awning? What we do is have the obligatory breathable groundsheet with a few (3-4) cheap (£5) waterproof-backed picnic rugs. I find then if anything happens to one of them, as they're so cheap, I'm not upset as I'm usually pretty precious about my camping stuff. You can't help them getting mucky, so that works for us.

Also, as they're a manageable size, you can pick them up and bash out most of the muck from them, rather than having to sweep them.

notfarmingatthemo Fri 26-Aug-11 20:46:20

We have a large ikea door mat by the door the take a lakeland mop the type the like a cloth that pops on the end and a dustpan and brush. Carpets cost a lot and can't be wash the mat sits i the boot of car at the bottom. works really well not much mess in tent.

mell242 Sat 27-Aug-11 10:14:16

I use 2 of these, give a lot of space, really soft and great for picnics too www.gardenandleisure.com/products/amazonas_baby_and_child_molly_.html

Pixel Sat 27-Aug-11 20:37:57

We've got a carpet as with the silver backing it makes things much cosier but we don't sweep it. We have a cheap throw to put down just inside the door and that collects most of the bits of grass etc and we just shake it out every now and again. When packing up to leave we give the carpet a good shake before folding it up and it is ready for next time. I must admit I did have to bring it indoors and clean it after the first time we used it but that was before we had the porch and the rain was coming in every time we opened the door so it got dirty very quickly.

biscuitmad Tue 30-Aug-11 20:06:44

Ive got a tent carpet. My rules are simple take shoes off before entering the tent and put them on outside the tent. I do have dustpan and brush which sweeps up mess okay. A kitchen roll is great for spills always dropping stuff.

I just give the carpet a good hoover when we get home. Totally recommend a carpet as my lo loves sitting on the floor, and it keeps the tent floor warm.

Pixel Fri 02-Sep-11 01:00:25

Most of us do take our shoes off but ds has ASD and hates taking his off. He's sleep in them if I let him! I just can't stand the hassle on holiday (bad enough wrestling shoes off him at home) so I've given in and got the throw. Shame as it covers up my lovely carpet. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now