Talk

Advanced search

1st time camping - leaky tent

(4 Posts)
petal68 Mon 22-Aug-11 10:20:44

Hi,

First time posting here but I have been reading for a couple of weeks and have got some great tips! However we have just come back from our first camping trip and I am looking for some advice.

We bought an Outwell Texas L from Yeomans and this is the first time we have used it. Saturday night it was very wet and windy and the seam above the door leaked quite badly - rain was dripping in at one point. My question is this normal or would you expect it to be completely dry, it definitely wasnt condensation. The tent is 3000HH by the way.

Is this something you would take the tent back for and get a replacement - just want to get my facts right before i go and complain! The tent is great otherwise.

Thanks for any advice

mousymouse Mon 22-Aug-11 10:27:04

it should not leak at the seams at all. I would take it back.

MrsGaff Mon 22-Aug-11 11:17:00

Oh yes, I would take this back. I would not expect leaking at the seams.

petal68 Mon 22-Aug-11 13:39:47

Thanks for your replies I thought it shouldnt be leaking like that but I'm new at this and didnt want to feel like a prat when I go back to the shop!

Now I just have to get the tent dry before I take it back as it was still wet this morning when we took it down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now