Talk

Advanced search

Not sure whether to go to Tenby for BH weekend - rain forecast

(7 Posts)
chicaguapa Sun 21-Aug-11 19:38:23

We are a bit fairweather campers. My mum and brother went to Tenby yesterday and we have discussed joining them on Thursday for the BH weekend. Only I've checked the weather and it's forecast showers every day Thursday to Sunday. DH says it's not worth going now as it's about 5 hours away. He has a point but our local forecast is the same and I figure it's going to rain anyway, wherever we go. WWYD?

GingerWrath Sun 21-Aug-11 19:53:24

Long term forecasts aren't very reliable!

VivaLeBeaver Sun 21-Aug-11 22:43:44

There's plenty to do in the area even in the rain. I just had a week there and it rained every day. We went to Folly Farm, Heatherton. There is the Blue Lagoon place. Tenby is nice for a wander round.

Oakmaiden Sun 21-Aug-11 22:48:12

I am camping in Tenby this week. Going on Tuesday and coming back on Saturday. The weather is making me feel a bit reluctant about it all though... :s

windcutter Sun 21-Aug-11 23:32:44

We are camping in Tenby now and have been for the last two weeks. The weather has been pretty bad most days with heavy cloud and rain but we have had a great time. There is so much to do and see here. The beaches are amazing. (even in your coats) If you do decide to go make sure you pack your wellies

AlwaysbeOpralFruitstome Sun 21-Aug-11 23:41:13

We were in Amroth near Tenby a week or so ago and agree, there's such a lot to do and see that it's rarely a wash out even in heavy rain.

chicaguapa Mon 22-Aug-11 11:47:26

Ok we'll go then. smile The theme park looks good and my mum says the local paper has details of children's events over the weekend so sounds like fun. At £9 a night on a CCC site (inc EHU), it's worth risking the weather. Thanks for your encouragement.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now