Talk

Advanced search

need a quick-to-pitch tent for family of 5 for weekends and overnights

(10 Posts)
Tommy Fri 19-Aug-11 10:17:06

that's it really.....

We have a lovely six sleeper but it takes an hour to put up which is fine for longer holidays but I'm really looking for something we can just "throw up" when we touring or just going for one night.
Any recommendations? Don't want to spend a fortune obviously

Thanks smile

GingerWrath Fri 19-Aug-11 12:40:21

Try this, cheap and easy to put up, we have one as a weekend tent.

Tommy Fri 19-Aug-11 14:50:01

ooh - thanks gingerwrath - don't know how I missed that one on the GoOutdoors website - will have a look

SeaShellsInTheMoonlight Fri 19-Aug-11 17:36:53

The Quechua pop ups get lots of positive reviews here - meant to be really good.

anchovies Sun 21-Aug-11 10:55:11

We have the quencha seconds family 4.2 xl and I would highly recommend it. Bought it because 3 SIMs will fit in the bedroom so all 3 dcs can sleep together. Hardly ever use our other tent now.

Bradsmum Sun 21-Aug-11 17:10:29

Agree with anchovies (not that I like to eat them grin) - have just bought Quechua base seconds 4.2 pop up and it's fantastic. Much better than I thought it would be a a doodle to up/down after a couple of practices...

Tommy Mon 22-Aug-11 08:03:44

anchovies - can you really fit 3 in the bedroom? says it's only for 4.

We had a look at a couple on Saturday on GoOutdoors. HiGear atakama and another one which I forgotten.....

DH not impressed with the HiGear as it was a bit flimsy

IloveJudgeJudy Mon 22-Aug-11 11:10:11

My DB has the higear Voyager 6 and that is not a flimsy tent. It takes him 20 minutes to put up on his own. He tells me it's really easy as the poles are colour-coordinated.

anchovies Mon 22-Aug-11 11:36:29

We fit 3 dcs in the xl version as the bedrooms are 160cms and our self inflating mats are 52cms each. They sleep really well as they are so warm!! It would be a squeeze for three adults though! We took it down last weekend at the start of a giant storm and we literally had it in the bag and us all in the car in 5 minutes flat smile

Tommy Mon 22-Aug-11 12:44:21

thanks anchovies. might look into that one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now