Talk

Advanced search

anyone stayed at Holmsley in Bournemouth??

(4 Posts)
lisad123 Fri 19-Aug-11 09:37:45

We are going next week but just discovered DH has to work till 5pm, and its first come, first serve on pitches. Im panicing as we have 2 autistic kids and dont want to be in the most horrible pitch, right in the middle, would rather a slightly on the outside ppitch. We have a dog too, OMG I dont want to go now sad

azazello Fri 19-Aug-11 20:35:43

Is that the campsite near Bournemouth but in the New Forest - the Forestry Commission one? If so, we stayed there recently and it was good. We got there about 5pm on a sunday, had plenty of sites to choose from and found somewhere really nice but handy for the toilets. It is basically a wander around and find somewhere you like kind of thing.

The shop is utterly crap though

Pixel Sun 21-Aug-11 00:57:11

We went last year, (also with an autistic kid smile) and it was fine. It is a big site so you should be able to find a spot that suits you. It's the first site we've ever been on that had a takeaway which I didn't think much of at first, but I must admit it was lovely to have hot bacon rolls for breakfast without having to stand out in the rain and cook them. <lazy>

One thing, you WILL need rock pegs. None of our pegs would go in at all so we immediately had to spend a small fortune in the shop on new ones. When we looked around we saw everyone had the same green-topped pegs so the shop must have been doing a roaring trade!

lisad123 Sun 21-Aug-11 09:43:57

thanks for that, do I need rock pegs or just hard ground pegs?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now