Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Festival camping food options - help please?

(6 Posts)
KellyKettle Thu 18-Aug-11 13:47:56

We're going tomorrow to the Just So festival. DH was all set to cook on the BBQ over the weekend, we planned to take a cool box with some bits in and eat out a bit too.

Now he says the BBQ will be too big and we need to go and buy a proper camping stove. I would rather not rush to buy this, I expected we'd make do for these 3 days and then buy something for next year when we had a better idea of what we wanted.

Anything we take has to be 15cm off the floor and I don't really want to buy something tonight to find that we never use it again. Any ideas?

I am mainly worried about boiling water for my tea-addiction (I know how sad that sounds) and so considered a storm kettle but I don't seem to be able to buy these in shops, only online (too late now) and I am not sure how we'd keep to the 15cm off the floor rule with those either.

Any tips or advice greatly appreciated.

DontCallMeBaby Thu 18-Aug-11 14:11:41

Single burner 'suitcase' stove (£7.99 from Go Outdoors) plus a low-level table? GO have a few options, including one that can either be a low table or a little stool, which could be handy for a festival.

(am totally with you on the tea thing btw - took my suitcase stove to Camp Bestival purely for tea-making purposes)

Furball Thu 18-Aug-11 14:12:53

I've got this one which are fab for boiling a kettle or one pot cooking

the cylinders are these and one should last you the weekend easy (although maybe take 2 just in case - depending on how many teas you have!)

KellyKettle Thu 18-Aug-11 14:26:14

Oh thank you both. We have a little aluminium table, do you think these will sit ok that? Won't burn it or anything?

Furball Thu 18-Aug-11 15:06:25

that will be fine

KellyKettle Thu 18-Aug-11 18:18:14

Super! Thanks furball

I've passed the info onto DH to make the arrangements as I'm busy with a bun in the oven so he can handle the stove smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now