Talk

Advanced search

Camping food ideas in a hot country.

(6 Posts)
Amapoleon Wed 17-Aug-11 14:32:24

We will be camping in Spain next week. It is very hot at the moment and I only have a couple of cool boxes. Any recipes , suggestion would be appreciated.

babyocho Wed 17-Aug-11 15:03:29

Just get cheese, cold meats, bread from supermarkets and have picnic dinners!

IloveJudgeJudy Wed 17-Aug-11 16:03:58

I second what babyocho said. We made sure we took tinned toms, baked beans, pasta and rice with us as they're much more expensive in southern France, where we were. We then bought local produce.

Amapoleon Wed 17-Aug-11 22:07:48

Thanks

wohmum Wed 17-Aug-11 23:08:42

We've just come back from Spain - Nr mountains and river for 1st week canoeing and rafting, then 2nd week just south or Barcelona on a beach, 'twas lovely - hot, but lovely !

Whereabouts are you heading?

We had a small elec fridge with us as most sites seemed to have elec anyway, would have been hard with just a coolbox as the days were so hot.

I did pasta with bacon and cream cheese/Philly a couple of nights. the camp supermarket had both of these so picked up on the day. Dead easy to do in about 10 mins.
Otherwise fresh bread , ham, cheese and tomatoes was our regular lunch!

On One of the sites we would have been able to hire a fridge, so worth looking out for.

Amapoleon Wed 17-Aug-11 23:15:22

We are going to Tarifa, southern Spain. I've been before but am looking for inspiration. Bacon and philly pasta will definitely go well with my bunch. Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now