Talk

Advanced search

Motorhome gifts?

(7 Posts)
Tinkerisdead Wed 17-Aug-11 12:40:07

My PIL are avid users of their motorhome, so much so that they are away in it every weekend now. I'm looking to get them a gift and thought if it was geared around the motorhome then its likely to get more pleasure and use.

Whats handy to have if you spend so much time in one? Travel mugs any good or do you pull over and drink out of a proper cup? I found a book called where to go when for britain which looked like a good buy for them to plan journeys etc, what about a slanket? I know they are a bit naff but is it chilly in a motorhome when MIL will be doing her knitting?

Can anyone give me some good ideas..i've done the quirky stuff before like T shirt/Apron etc

Tinkerisdead Wed 17-Aug-11 14:03:42

shameless bump. come on campers...give me ideas purlease!

Furball Wed 17-Aug-11 18:15:58

I would of thought if they go every weekend - they probably have most things.

Motorhomes are quite a home from home and have heating and things, so doubt a slanket would be needed as such.

I'm a caravaner and there isn't anything we don't need if you see what I mean.smile

I don't know your budget but maybe a Motorhome magazine - there's two main ones MMM

and practical motorhome

they're usually full of 'top tips etc and have campsite reviews etc.

SachaF Wed 17-Aug-11 18:50:00

I prefer MMM!
I think you would really need to chat with them regards this, as Furball says if they use it regularly it's probably fairly well kitted out.
Maybe discuss linen? I have separate bedding in the MH but just like in the house it eventually wears out (must sew up duvet cover soon.... Otherwise I'll have to use the one from the house and it's white - not good!).
Items that need replacing are gas in the cyclinders, food, toilet roll (specially designed to degrade and not fill the toilet up) and chemicals - so not thrilling gifts!
I do however need to put more glasses in after we drove off forgetting we'd left one on the table....
Maybe a camping club membership? (camping and caravanning club or caravan club) but I guess if they wanted that they'd already have it.
Sorry, can't really help, it's quite a personal thing as there is only so much storage space.

Tinkerisdead Wed 17-Aug-11 21:43:57

Oh lord I can't talk to them! Truly dd doesn't recognise them as she's seen them 3 times in a year and they live 30 mins away.thank you for the feedback - cheap wine they'll be getting now! They should enjoy that parked up on a site somewhere.

Thankyou for taking the time to fill me in.

TheOldestCat Wed 17-Aug-11 21:50:13

My parents are like this! Their motorhome has been great as they are hard to buy presents for. So far, i've bought them a yearly subscription to the mag furbsll mentioned - MMM. I also got my dad some camping and caravan club vouchers, which they used for a night in a site.

DH suggested a " if the van's a'rockin, don't come knocking" sticker, but i don't think so somehow!

TheOldestCat Wed 17-Aug-11 21:52:50

Also, have seen a cookery book about cooking in a tent/camper - would that float their boat? http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/food/2011/02/campervan-cooking-how-to-eat-g.shtml

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now