Talk

Advanced search

Vango Tigris 600 or Eurohike Buckingham?

(7 Posts)
AngelDog Tue 16-Aug-11 14:09:19

We need a new tent and are thinking of either a Vango Tigris 600 or a Eurohike Buckingham tent.

Any thoughts - positive or negative? It's for DH & me, and a toddler - possibly another one at some point in the future.

At the moment DS normally co-sleeps with me and DH has a separate single lilo. We've had a 9 man tent till now (3x3 bedrooms) but we're looking for something slightly smaller for the future.

Lemonsparkle Tue 16-Aug-11 14:58:09

We have a Vango Vista 800, which looks very similar to the Tigris from what I can see and it is great (apart from being the colour of mould). Despite camping in appalling conditions it has never leaked and there isn't a single draught. Easily put up and down, very stable when my DC start romping about in it and the mud washes off easily... On the downside, it has never folded up back into the bag so it will zip shut and is quite heavy to carry. Saying that, I'd buy a Vango again.

Jjou Tue 16-Aug-11 15:37:26

Awaiting replies with baited breath as we've just bought a Vango Tigris 600. We've not camped in it yet, so I'm really hoping there's no negative reviews... <crosses fingers>

AngelDog Fri 19-Aug-11 21:33:58

Thanks for the replies, apologies for slow response.
<hopeful bump>

IloveJudgeJudy Sat 20-Aug-11 23:30:37

I'd go for the vango. It's got a much higher HH - 4000 as opposed to 2000. Vangos always get good reviews, too,.

Jjou Mon 22-Aug-11 14:14:25

We camped in our Tigris 600 this weekend and it was fantastic - easy to put up for such a big tent, and fab once it was up, recommended smile

AngelDog Tue 23-Aug-11 21:28:24

Thanks. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now