Talk

Advanced search

Help - recommend a campsite in yorkshire, a reasonable distance from Harrogate :o)

(6 Posts)
MrsMc82 Mon 15-Aug-11 22:28:12

Hi all,

V excited to have found the camping section!!!

Though have to say I have tent envy from reading bell tent thread and we've not even used our cheapy family tent yet - dh will be cross if I order a bell tent, bunting and loads of lovely squishy glamorous cushion won't he??!

Anyway I digress - please coud you recommend a site for us to go to go to for 2 nights in sept.
- close to home that its easy ish to get to on fri eve after work (we're in harrogate N.yorks) but not too close!!
- dog friendly
- Child/toddler friendly
- ok for a group, but when I say group I don't mean wild drinking group! 4 couples 2 childless 2 with under 5s

Having a total mind block don't want to do grassington as were going there next weekend and not pately bridge as family are there so that'd just be odd!!!

Thanks for your help!

Ps excuse typos am on my bb posting in bed !

JetLi Tue 16-Aug-11 04:31:33

This place in Thornton le Dale is lovely - very small (only 10 pitches) so ideal for small kids, dog field, right in the heart of TlD so you won't need the car particularly once you have arrived.

GingerWrath Tue 16-Aug-11 08:20:41

The C&CC site in Boroughbridge is lovely, we were there last weekend.

noyouhavehadawee Tue 16-Aug-11 10:07:19

cote ghyll in osmotherley is lovely too.

donteatyourteawithnoknickerson Wed 17-Aug-11 17:36:38

We just spent the weekend at Upwood Park near Haworth - nice and safe, we had a lovely weekend smile

Migsy1 Wed 17-Aug-11 21:45:02

Check out Spiers Campsite

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now