Talk

Advanced search

Campsite within 2 hours of London?

(4 Posts)
londonmackem Sun 14-Aug-11 21:39:57

We are new to camping so want to stay quite close to home. Not fussed about 'stuff' on site but would like toilets and water and possibly near a nice pub as we don't have all the 'cooking gear'.
We have a 2 year old so would need to be family friendly.
We are also going next Saturday (weather dependent after reading other threads today) so nowhere that has to be booked years in advance.

AKMD Sun 14-Aug-11 21:46:55

I can't recommend Heaven Farm highly enough. We went with 17mo DS last month and he loved it. It's near Crawley so not too far. They do get cancellations so it's definitely worth calling to check if they have a space.

Other than that, a nice, small campsite I've seen is Town Farm right at the base of Ivinghoe Beacon in Hertfordshire. Lots of nice pubs in the nearby villages (The Greyhound in Aldbury is good) and there are deer etc. in the woods at Ivinghoe, a natural history museum in Tring, Whipsnade Zoo round a few hills and the Ashridge Estate is just down the road.

Good luck! I hope you get nice weather!

bibbitybobbityhat Sun 14-Aug-11 21:57:27

Which side of London?

londonmackem Sun 14-Aug-11 22:05:21

West but are meeting friends for lunch in central london on the way so are quite easy - a bit over 2 hours wouldn't be too bad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now