Talk

Advanced search

If you have a campervan and a tent, do you get charged for 2 pitches?

(3 Posts)
SherlockHolmes Sat 13-Aug-11 21:02:06

Until now we have had a very large tent, and obviously pay for just the one pitch. However, we have just bought a Mazda Bongo, which has the potential for us to sleep in it, which we probably will, with the DCs in the pop-up tent. I just wondered if most campsites would consider the tent like an awning and charge us that price, or if they charge you for 2 tents/vans IYSWIM. The Bongo and the pop-up still won't take up as much space as the old tent, so if I have to pay more I'll be a bit miffed!

Just wondered if anyone has any experience of this, or can offer any advice? Thanks.

iggii Sun 14-Aug-11 21:12:21

Some charge a "pup tent" fee which is less than a normal tent price. It does seem unfair though as awnings are either cheaper or included in price.
I have an awning which is effectively a 4 man tent with a bit that attaches to my van - I rarely do the attachment bit though, but still call it an awning!
Unfortunately I think you'll get different answers from different sites. Is it quite a wee tent?

hocuspontas Sun 14-Aug-11 21:16:29

Agree - it varies. If dd1 puts her tent in the awning we don't get charged but if we don't put the awning up we sometimes have to pay for a pup tent!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now