Talk

Advanced search

Ha! I win, old tent is for Sale, bell tent here we come :0)

(12 Posts)
rogersmellyonthetelly Tue 09-Aug-11 22:13:47

I wore down dh whilst camping last week. Took 1.5 hours of sweating in hot sun put up our tent, then we were almost deafened by a rain storm later in the week (it is very noisy in rain). Later the same night the porch almost took off in the wind, and the final straw, it took half an hour to get it folded right and back in the bag. As soon as we finish moving house next week, it's going on eBay, unless someone on here wants the worlds largest tent, it will be a bargain, and you can play football in the living area if it's raining!
We will probably get a bell tent next year, but I'm also toying with the notion of just taking the horse box without the horse, as it's got luxury living, sleeps 4 and (god the luxury) its own shower and toilet <swoon> after a week of showering in my crocs due to the minging state of the shower floors, thats not to be sniffed at

Blu Tue 09-Aug-11 22:16:07

And you do such a good job of talking up the selling points of your old tent...
hours to out up, noisy, unstable in wind, hours to fold up...a bargain grin

lovecat Tue 09-Aug-11 22:18:58

grin

rogersmellyonthetelly Tue 09-Aug-11 22:21:17

The people next to us jokingly asked how much we wanted, we said if you can get the fecking thing back in the bag you can have it for nowt!
It's such a shame as it's a palace once it's up, 3 bedrooms, Mahoosive living space, carpet SIG etc, it's just too heavy for me these days as I have a bad back and I can't pull and tow like I used to to help dh so it takes ages.

Sinkingfeeling Tue 09-Aug-11 22:27:39

I'm impressed that you can pack it away in only half an hour though. Our tent sounds exactly like yours and it takes us at least an hour and a half to pack away. Could just be that we're hungover useless though.

rogersmellyonthetelly Tue 09-Aug-11 22:30:36

Oh no, I takes an hour and a half to take down, then another half an hour to fold and bag.

needanewname Tue 09-Aug-11 22:47:29

Do you have an outwell hartford xxl by any chance?

I only ask as thats what we got rid of this year with exactly the same problems as you.

Took me several months to get my bell tent. Well that and DH watching a friend rock up an hour after us and still be pitched up with beer in hand before ours was done!

rogersmellyonthetelly Tue 09-Aug-11 23:12:54

Nope, vango amazon 800. It's technically a tunnel tent, but whole tribes have been lost in the interior........
I have seen the Hartford xxl though, and it is indeed vast.

Sinkingfeeling Tue 09-Aug-11 23:20:02

We have a vango too, slightly smaller than yours and it's certainly vast. I love it though.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Wed 10-Aug-11 16:17:49

Oh, I saw 2 of those tents at Sandringham a couple of weeks back, I said to dh at the time that has to be the biggest tent I have seen!

I thought ours was big but it's a baby next to that tent.

I love wandering campsites looking at everyone else's tent but still not seen a bell tent. Would love to have a nosey.

needanewname Wed 10-Aug-11 19:10:51

There will be at least 2 of them at forgewood august bank holiday weekend, if anyone else is there and wants to see.

craftynclothy Wed 10-Aug-11 20:45:46

shock I think that's as big as my house grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now