Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

what do you think of this as something for 5 month old to sleep in when camping?

(7 Posts)
victoriasmith Tue 09-Aug-11 20:53:01

Just wondering what people think of this suit for my 5 month old to sleep in when we go camping, was thinking of dressing DS in a vest, sleep suit, the snuggler shown in the link below, a grow bag and then any additional blankets. Will he be warm enough or do you think I'll boil my child alive?

www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/sp+fleece-snugglers+B2778

pictish Tue 09-Aug-11 20:54:32

Very nice but HOW pricey??!
You can find very similar fleecey all in ones for half that, and less.

They are great when camping.

thisisyesterday Tue 09-Aug-11 20:54:42

i think that you might be better off with a proper baby sleeping bag. it gets really cold at night, even at the moment

SouthGoingZax Tue 09-Aug-11 20:55:27

Boil alive

As you've suggested, but without the snuggler.

Seriously, they are roasting. (I bought these for my DTs and have only used them for night time travelling as too warm for the house)

Bathsheba Tue 09-Aug-11 20:58:04

We've been taking Dd3 since she was 14 months. She has a travel cot with a duvet underneath, some blankets covering the mesh at the side.

Then a bodysuit, a normal sleepsuit, a grobag and a vango baby nitestar sleeping bag.

We've camped in Inverness in April and she was cozy-toasty

lemonbonbons Wed 10-Aug-11 09:48:06

They look fab, and big sizes too- i might invest next year when my lo is walking.

I got this for my daughter- as it has feet and a hood. It looks so cute on- like having a fluffy bear on your knee round the campfire ! It turned my baby intothe best camping accessory I ve had yet this year - gorgeous !

www.mothercare.com/Cream-Bear-Fluffy-Fleece-Sleeper/dp/B0056YZ1YK?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_20&nodeId=44478031&sr=1-20&qid=1312965692

I put a normal sleep suit on under it , then just a blanket on top- we ve done lots of camping this year and she s always seemed comfortable.

But in answer to your question- yes they look great .

ReshapeWhileDamp Wed 10-Aug-11 10:11:13

There's this from Next? I might get one (also comes in blue stripes) because I have a similar problem. I put DS2 (7 mo) in a long-sleeved vest, a normal cotton babygro over that and then a 2.5 tog sleeping bag. I'm not sure it was enough, but there again, he's a hardy little soul and has slept next to me in bed in just a babygro and a cellular blanket over, since birth. He gets a lot of radiant heat from me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now