Talk

Advanced search

Fleece/warm pyjamas - where to get?

(17 Posts)
redskyatnight Tue 09-Aug-11 12:30:16

So we are off camping in a couple of weeks and it turns out that the DC have grown out of their "warm" pyjamas, whilst the elastic on my PJ bottoms is ... well let's just say, they are not really suitable for wearing in a communal wash room.

I've had a quick look but most shops seem to still be selling summer/cropped PJs which aren't much good. Can anyone recommend a good place to get fleece (or other warm) pyjamas from (both for me and DC)? Ideally a high street shop (I like to see what I'm buying) but would consider internet shopping. TIA.

Ineedalife Tue 09-Aug-11 12:35:58

Primark had lots of ladies in the other day, didn't notice if the kids ones were in though.smile.

ElbowFan Tue 09-Aug-11 12:56:22

Damart?

happyhorse Tue 09-Aug-11 13:35:11

Our local Mothercare had quite a few all in one fleece pyjamas in their sale.

OddBoots Tue 09-Aug-11 13:38:47

I'd go for something like this

CMOTdibbler Tue 09-Aug-11 13:42:11

I wear fleece thermal base layers and chuck a big fleece on before leaving the tent. My thermals were from Go Outdoors

mell242 Tue 09-Aug-11 13:43:16

I would go for thermals under normal PJs. I got some nice cheap ones from Sports Direct the other week.

Zippylovesgeorge Tue 09-Aug-11 18:52:46

If the childrens trousers are just a tad short it won't matter - they won't get soggy in the early morning dew ;)

Primark had some ladies winter pj bottoms the other week.

Though after the week we've just had you might not need them. We all packed warm pj's etc and were far too hot at night. Boys ended up sleeping topless and I wore just a tshirt.

JetLi Tue 09-Aug-11 19:03:44

Primarni

nobodysfool Tue 09-Aug-11 19:23:29

I bought the Zebra all in one fleecey jim jams for me the other day.They had the girls ones in but not the boys ones...yet.I ordered a lovely fleecy one for dS1 from ebay for a tenner and when it arrived i was really pleased.Good fit and lovely and snuggly.
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SLEEPSUIT-PYJAMAS-ALL-ONE-FLEECE-9-10-10-11-5-6-6-7-/330589516237?pt=Boy_s_Clothing&var=&hash=item7dbcdfd4d2

glitterkitty Tue 09-Aug-11 19:32:00

fleece pj's bargain price

victoriasmith Tue 09-Aug-11 19:54:42

if you look on the jojomamen website they sell various fleecy style pjs for children which we are getting for DS to sleep in whilst we camp.

ReshapeWhileDamp Tue 09-Aug-11 20:04:10

I did a search on fleece PJs on ebay and bought some vivid shockers, but they do the job! And then again for DS1 and found him some nice Primark ones. Dh refuses to concede that he might get cold at night, so I didn't bother looking for him!

victoriasmith Tue 09-Aug-11 20:54:20

here's the link to the fleece snuggler

www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/sp+fleece-snugglers+B2778

SherlockHolmes Tue 09-Aug-11 20:55:22

Wear fleecy track suit bottoms and a t-shirt - that way it looks as though you're already dressed grin

redskyatnight Tue 09-Aug-11 21:31:06

Thanks for all the suggestions - having a look at them now.

Mammonite Wed 10-Aug-11 20:02:33

Anybody want some FFP boys fleece PJ's in age 3-4? I was just about to put on ebay. The DC's call them "camping pyjamas" and there is lots of excitement when they come out of the wardrobe.

If you can, thread elastic through the bottom hems so they don't drag in the damp grass.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now