Talk

Advanced search

South Brittany - Morbihan Coast - Campsite recommendations

(10 Posts)
Coconutfeet Mon 08-Aug-11 13:45:11

We are heading to south Brittany at the weekend for a couple of weeks. We are going to stay at Le Domaine le Bohat in Sarzeau here for the first week and can't decided whether to extend our booking there or head further round towards Carnac for the second week.

Lots of the sites I've looked at in the Carnac area seem to be big four star places with water slides and children's clubs, which look great for older kids but have more than we need really as our ds is a bit young for all that (nearly 3). He'd be quite happy with a good play area and maybe a toddler pool. We don't need loads of evening entertainment as we just want to sit outside our tent and relax.

Any recommendations? Thank you.

Coconutfeet Mon 08-Aug-11 20:49:28

Anyone?

lurkingdad Fri 12-Aug-11 00:01:07

We stayed at Le Grand Metairie opposite the stones in Carnac. It had a good Pool etc but sounds like just what you don't want. We went with Keycamp it seemed to be mostly tour operators mobile homes, but they did have some pitches.

Coconutfeet Fri 12-Aug-11 11:50:10

Thanks for that Lurkingdad. I will check it out.

GnomeDePlume Fri 12-Aug-11 21:15:18

Also in Carnac we have stayed at Des Menhirs. This is within walking distance of beach and town. IME pitches tend to be small but were all segregated properly. We found it a bit small & quiet with older DCs so it might be ideal for you! The town is the draw as are the standing stones. You can see the ones out in the open plus we found some in woodland which we could go right up to and were magical.

Coconutfeet Fri 12-Aug-11 21:24:54

Gnomedeplume - thank you. Someone I was talking to today has mentioned les menhirs saying they enjoyed it with younger dcs. Looking at the website they seem to have reductions for late August too. I think we might go and check it out once we are there and decide then. I think that late in the summer they wouldn't find it difficult to fit us in.

Tobermory Fri 12-Aug-11 21:27:52

Oooo we returned from Le Bohat last weekend. Had a wonderful time, fabulous weather... Wish we were going back!

Coconutfeet Fri 12-Aug-11 21:31:15

Ooh that's good to hear Tobermory. Glad you had a great time. I'm itching to get there now.

sittinginthesun Fri 12-Aug-11 21:32:13

Agree with the two keycamp sites. We love Grande Metairie and have been several times. Our youngest (now 4) loves it, as they have animals to pet etc.

Coconutfeet Fri 12-Aug-11 21:39:11

Great. I will definitely check them both out. Thank you sittinginthe sun!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now