Talk

Advanced search

What do you do about drying out your bell tent post-camping?

(4 Posts)
LoveInAColdChamberOfSecrets Sun 07-Aug-11 17:37:08

I am desperate for a bell tent (have wanted one since about 2005 and think I've finally convinced DH!). However, we don't have outbuildings or anything handy to hang it from the ceiling to dry if it gets soaked. Is that what we would need to do? Would we have to lug it to one of our parents' houses (a long drive to either) to hang it up somewhere to dry if it got soaked? Or could I eg drape it over a carousel washing line to dry? With our small tent I've just draped it over a few clothes racks in the guest room to dry if needed (and then spent a lot of time hoovering up grass and/or sand afterwards!) but I assume the bell tent would be way too big for that?

Sorry if this has been covered, I have searched but to no avail.

Thank you!

SalomeD Sun 07-Aug-11 18:10:42

I drape ours over the children's climbing frame - it has a ZIG so the groundsheet can be dried and stored separately

lovecat Sun 07-Aug-11 20:30:05

We pitch it outside in the back garden. It just fits...

And then we wait for it to stop raining... it dries very quickly in sunshine, so it only has to be up for a few hours.

LoveInAColdClimate Sun 07-Aug-11 22:45:15

Thank you both! Our lawn (ok, garden!) might be too small to pitch it but if draping over climbing frame works, hopefully so would rotary washing line. It doesn't need to be pitched to dry to avoid shrinking or anything? Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now