Talk

Advanced search

Tentaholic

(6 Posts)
piebald Sat 06-Aug-11 20:39:35

Now i have heard that some girls cant resist buying shoes, well i have about 3 pairs. However i seem to have a bit of a problem with tents! They all look SO good and i go on ebay and they are SO cheap and i cant resist. I am constantly striving towards the perfect tent, good for all the family but easy to put up if there are only acouple of us. Good for a week but not too much effort for one night. They all look so wonderful!!

MisSalLaneous Sat 06-Aug-11 21:02:59

I'll be a bad influence and recommend you the perfect tent:

A 4m bell if it will usually only be 2 or 3 of you, otherwise a 5m one. Pitches it 20 minutes, and just lovely!

If not canvas, Quechua Base Seconds 4.2 is what you're looking for.

<<polishes temptation badge>>

MollieO Sat 06-Aug-11 21:10:28

OP how many do you have? I currently have 6 but hoping to do a cull to 4. grin

piebald Sat 06-Aug-11 21:27:14

I think 5 at the moment-- i am quite good at moving them on! I have a wonderful Outwell montana( got DH to order that he will always spend more than me) Just got a 5 man vango and 3 smaller pods. Laugh at 6 man Outwell next to my 4 man pod--Those extra 2 people must be massive. Pod could pitch inside outwell about 4 times
Wa delighted to send my last giant tent to Liberia-charity said they could use it as a classroom or animal shelter. Thats the trouble with buying from ebay and not being very good at measurements

SherlockHolmes Sat 06-Aug-11 21:44:27

I honestly don't think you can have one tent to do everthing grin. You definitely need a big tent with lots of inside space for long, wet holidays, but also an easy-to-erect 4/5 berth for the odd night. Also, a 2-man pop-up is always handy. As is a campervan (next on my list grin grin)

We have a Vango Amazon 800 (more of a marquee than a tent), Quechua Base Seconds 4.2 (brilliant, brilliant tent), and a single-skin 2-man. And I'd still like another Base Seconds middle bit ... I also have very few shoes.

piebald Sun 07-Aug-11 09:32:24

That makes me feel better Sherlock, like the sound of the Quechua, trouble is i impulse buy. I can spend weeks studying and then snap up the one that does free delivery!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now