Talk

Advanced search

Sleeping arrangements

(5 Posts)
vicarlady Fri 05-Aug-11 20:48:25

Well, just back from my first camping trip in many a year - New Wine on Newark Showground. Thoroughly enjoyed it - apart from 24 hours of rain - my Vango 300 DS coped well with it. It is described as a 3 person tent but I wouldn't have wanted two others in with me! I had an air bed with integral sleeping bag plus a lightweight quilt but ended up buying a cheap duvet and using air bed plus bag as mattress. Comparing notes with fellow campers, I think I need to invest in a SIM. Does any one have any recommendations - I guess there may be bargains to be had at the end of the season?

AlmaMartyr Sat 06-Aug-11 13:17:52

We bought 5cm thick SIMs from Aldi when they did their special camping week in June so you could always wait for that if you're not going again this year.

Go Outdoors have some good offers on at the moment, we're buying FIL a 10cm thick SIM for £22.50.

Ineedalife Sat 06-Aug-11 15:42:06

If you are car camping, I use a gelert adventure xl, which is 10cm and seriously comfy [better than my bed].

It is bulky when rolled but worth itsmile.

We also have 2 aldi 5cm ones which I have slept on, my Dd's use them now, they are fine for a couple of nights for me, but I have a dodgy back so prefer the 10cm mat.

Glad you enjoyed your trip.

Good lucksmile

SherlockHolmes Sat 06-Aug-11 21:55:21

We have 2 - a £12 Aldi one and a £40 Multimat one. The Multimat is very light (about 600g) and very comfortable. The Aldi one is much bigger and weighs about 2Kg and is also very comfortable. I slept on the Aldi one for a week with no problems (and I'm not overly light smile). I think it's worth trying them out - do you have a shop near you where you could look? I know that Go Outdoors have lots of different mats. I would also add that they are much warmer than airbeds.

ReshapeWhileDamp Sat 06-Aug-11 22:23:39

My local Aldi is now out of their SIMs (I did get a leaky one though, but all other reviews rate them highly so I was unlucky) so it's worth ringing round.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now