Talk

Advanced search

I have tent envy, can any of you identify it?

(8 Posts)
craftynclothy Fri 05-Aug-11 16:49:12

So we took the kids camping for the first time this week (just 2 nights). It went well but our tent is shite somewhat lacking. It all started on evening 1, when it started to rain a lot. Dh put the door thingy down and a huge gush of water fell into the tent and over me hmm. Day 2 was rather wet and I noticed occasional drips coming through the top confused.

We've also found that when you have kids, certain things make camping easier, like having a tent you can stand up in grin and having a proper canopy as well as a living area and bedrooms.

I spotted a lovely tent across the field and now have tent envy but can't find it. It was more square than most tents. I thought it might be this one www.outdoormegastore.co.uk/acatalog/Vango_Calisto_500_Tunnel_Tent.html but don't think it's quite square enough. The colour and the bedroom doors look right on it though.

Oh and I did wonder if the owner was a mumsnetter and if it was (maybe should say is you as you were still there when we left Sherwood Forest), you looked a well practised camper and I was the obvious novice that really shouldn't be wearing leggings EVER.

Stinkyfeet Fri 05-Aug-11 16:54:24

Could it have been an Outwell Oakland?

Megatron Fri 05-Aug-11 16:57:28

This one? www.gooutdoors.co.uk/kalahari-10-p150788

craftynclothy Fri 05-Aug-11 17:28:27

Ooh yes, stinkyfeet that could be it

craftynclothy Fri 05-Aug-11 18:16:11

Actually, having browsed Ebay (yes, my tent envy is that bad blush) I think it might be this www.khyam.co.uk/detail.asp?p=996&product=Wayfarer%20GT.

DesolationAngel Fri 05-Aug-11 20:21:26

Could it have been a Maritsa We have one and I love it smile

biscuitmad Sat 06-Aug-11 00:56:08

Ive got one similiar to that. Its got a living room area you can stand up in, and across the back three bedrooms. Its called the Vango Amazon 600. Its got a porch thing at well so you can cook, without getting wet. They sell them cheap on ebay.

MrsShrekTheThird Sat 06-Aug-11 01:30:09

also check out this (Vango Artemis 400 or 500) very similar to what you describe (and we have one, tis ace!!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now