Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Campsites near Calais

(6 Posts)
HairyMaclary Wed 03-Aug-11 17:48:35

I've done a search of the archives and there are tantalising messages about lovely campsites near Calais but I can't find the names of any.

Does anyone know a nice one, preferably with a pool but that is not a must. We would be coming over by Eurotunnel and would like 2 or 3 nights only at the campsite.

Anyone got any hidden gems?

SpinningThing Wed 03-Aug-11 19:51:13

This website is great www.campingfrance.com/UK/
You can click on an area of France, it will then show a map of all the sites & list them. You can then organise the list into * ratings, which is fab.

[[ http://www.campingfrance.com/UK/Search-for-your-campsite/NORD-PAS-DE-CALAIS/Pas-de-Calais]]

If you click on 'view map' it will show you where all the campsites are & when you click on them , will show you which ones they are.

I use this website alot & am off to France on my own with the kids tomorrow. grin

Portofino Wed 03-Aug-11 19:52:54

We stayed at the one at Oye Plage. Was lovely. Swimming pool, and right on a lovely sandy beach. About 20mins drive north of Calais.

Portofino Wed 03-Aug-11 19:55:33

Sorry - linkie. There was a supermarket in the village.

lostineurope Wed 03-Aug-11 20:00:44

MNing you from a site about an hour from Calais. The camping field is lovely and there is a fantastic indoor pool with some slides. There are about 100 chalet type things on one side and lovely camping field on the other great barn with ping pong tables etc if it's rainy for Dc's. Camping Le Champ Neuf, it's a bit of a mix of clubhouse vs nice camping, worth a google though.

HairyMaclary Wed 03-Aug-11 20:23:01

Ooh, thanks all, off to look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now