Talk

Advanced search

Campsites easily reached on public transport?

(4 Posts)
MackerelOfFact Wed 03-Aug-11 10:41:25

We love camping, but living in London without a car (or license) we only get to camp at festivals or on land owned by people we know, who can offer a lift.

It'd be great to camp over the August bank holiday. Aside from Crystal Palace (which is only about a 20 minute walk from where we live) is there anywhere nice that can be reached fairly easily from London by train, ideally walkable from a station? Sussex and Kent are particularly easy for us to get to, but would consider anywhere!

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 03-Aug-11 10:55:12

Hollands Wood in the New Forest is walkable to from Brockenhurst station (around 20 minutes I think) You would need to book ahead at this time of year. It is a busy site, but set in woodland and you have to watch the raiding ponies with food.

MackerelOfFact Wed 03-Aug-11 11:20:05

Ooh that looks perfect, and really easy to get to. I'm probably pushing my luck for August Bank Holiday though, I know.

Blu Wed 03-Aug-11 12:14:45

The Caravan Club Norman's Bay site is v close to the station, and right on the beach. It is a very 'straight lines and no fires' kind of site, though a very nice one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now