Talk

Advanced search

Tent lighting

(6 Posts)
PrettyCandles Tue 02-Aug-11 12:40:06

Our big tent has Velcro loops along some of the internal 'spines', presumably for attaching electric cables in order to hang a light from the apex. However, the loop at the apex has come away and I don't really fancy trying to sew it back on.

Is there any lighting that will fit the remaing loops? I'm thinking Christmas tree type lights, only properly bright so that we can read by their light.

PrettyCandles Tue 02-Aug-11 19:11:26

Campers?

PrettyCandles Wed 03-Aug-11 11:20:36

Is everyone on holiday?

AlmaMartyr Wed 03-Aug-11 18:14:03

I have solar fairy lights that we put up on our velcro loops. They look gorgeous and are very relaxing but not quite enough to read by. We're going to stick with them and get some LED cluster things to have as well for reading and games. Although I have electric fairy lights at home that I can read by so it's the solar rather than the type of light IYSWIM?

SixtyFootDoll Wed 03-Aug-11 21:08:39

I have just Ordered some solar powered Chinese lanterns of eBay

PrettyCandles Wed 03-Aug-11 21:23:24

Solar powered fairy lights sound quite nice. On discussion, we've decided to go for more 'ambient' lighting for the tent, and get ourselves a couple of head torches for reading by.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now