Talk

Advanced search

folding 4 slice toaster

(9 Posts)
biscuitmad Tue 02-Aug-11 01:02:44

Really missed having toast when we went camping.

Found this on ebay folding 4 slice toaster. Can get the link to work (not technical enough)

Anyone got this? Is it any good?

MrsShrekTheThird Tue 02-Aug-11 01:27:29

if you mean this sort of thing, yes grin

SalomeD Tue 02-Aug-11 07:24:14

I haven't got one but have found this thread about making toast whilst camping both enlightening and entertaining (it seems to be a bit of a holy grail - that's the thing about toast, so simple , yet for it to be perfect?)

How to make Toast

CleanHankie Wed 03-Aug-11 18:53:46

We have one of those folding toasters things. Tried it at home over the gas hob and it toasted it lovely. Tried it on the petrol burner hob when camping and it was rubbish. Also tried it on the gas burner hob thingy when camping with the scouts and still equally rubbish. So great idea but no.

GingerWrath Wed 03-Aug-11 20:29:43

Rubbish, honestly, campers take the michael over them, you are better off holding the bread over the heat source on a fork!

biscuitmad Sat 06-Aug-11 01:01:16

cheers for the replies. If we have electric hook up I might just have to take my toaster. Having a fry up without toast to me is just wrong.

choirmum Sun 07-Aug-11 17:49:02

We had one of these and only used it once as it was rubbish. We've now got a 2 burner stove with grill underneath so perfect toast every time!

GingerWrath Sun 07-Aug-11 19:34:37

I bought a cheap toaster oven from Argos, grills bacon to perfection and the toast is awesome! If you have EHU it is well worth it.

needanewname Tue 09-Aug-11 22:49:59

We had one - absolutely bloody useless.

We cook everything on an open fire and just grill the bread high over that - perfect!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now