Talk

Advanced search

Narrow airbed?....is there such a thing?

(13 Posts)
nobodysfool Mon 01-Aug-11 22:31:54

Would like to put both of the ds's (6yrs and 2yrs) in the same sleeping pod but 2 regular single air beds wont fit side by side.The max poss width is 135cm.Really dont think they will be ok in a double as ds2 is a real fidget and will keep waking ds1 up.
Dont want to go down the SIM route untill i have exhausted the air bed route as im sure they will feel happier on an air bed.
Thanks.

Blu Mon 01-Aug-11 22:38:36

Why do you think they will be happier on a blow-up?
IMO / IME it is much easier to roll off a blow up than a SIM, and SIMs are warmer, too, as they provide insulation from the ground.

Otherwise what about a two-compartment blow-up?[[ http://www.amazon.co.uk/Coleman-Comfort-Phthalate-Double-Airbed/dp/B0030BGA6O/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1312234639&sr=8-4 like this]] as the wriggling of one wouldn't be as noticeable to the other?

But I would go the SIM route.

timetosmile Mon 01-Aug-11 22:43:48

Agree about the SIM, we all had airbeds til DS1 got a SIM for cubs camp and then wouldn't sleep on anything else!
Try one out, you'll be surprised how comfy they are (especially if, like me, you were brought up on those argos value rolled up foam mats in the '80's...)

nobodysfool Mon 01-Aug-11 22:44:35

i dont know why i think they would be happier on an airbed tbh.....more like a 'proper' bed maybe? Just had a look online and the decent ones are very pricey!May have to look into this a bit more..i take it the deeper the mattress the more comfy they are?

Blu Mon 01-Aug-11 22:46:39

Lots of places do very good value SIMS - Decathlon, Aldi, Lidl etc.

But children are usually OK on roll up mats like gym mats - much hardier than us. They will have sleeping bags too.

nobodysfool Mon 01-Aug-11 22:54:26

timetosmile - oh no i want one now if they are that good.....wonder if i can send mt Coleman comfort air bed back when it arrives grin

nobodysfool Mon 01-Aug-11 22:54:56

Blu- will have a look at those places thanks.

choirmum Mon 01-Aug-11 22:59:49

We came back from a camping trip yesterday and had to replace DD's airbed while we were away due to a puncture. The only one available was a Camping-gaz model - don't know the details but it's grey with a flocked top layer and much narrower than the one it replaced, but still more than adequate for our 9yr old. Might be worth a look.

nobodysfool Mon 01-Aug-11 23:04:18

choirmum - thanks will have a look now.

Blu Mon 01-Aug-11 23:05:59

Amazon have a good selection of SIMs, reduced.

Kids love to jump on blow-ups - hence frequent punctures.

nobodysfool Mon 01-Aug-11 23:09:25

Choirmum- is it this one? www.outdooraction.co.uk/acatalog/CampinGaz_Quickbed_Single.html if so still too wide sad

choirmum Mon 01-Aug-11 23:13:34

I think it might be - sorry!

nobodysfool Mon 01-Aug-11 23:16:11

never mind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now