Talk

Advanced search

Can you recommend a folding table and bench set please.

(22 Posts)
nobodysfool Sun 31-Jul-11 16:29:53

Looking to buy a table and chair set for a camping trip and have seen the bench version which i think will be better/safer for my DC (2yrs and 6yrs) less chance of wobbling off the the youngest.
Are there any ones you would suggest?

MrsCadwallader Sun 31-Jul-11 16:30:49

No, but marking my spot here as DH and I were having this very conversation over lunch today!

nobodysfool Sun 31-Jul-11 16:45:15

what ones have you seen mrscawallander? we like this one cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310321098646&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT but its such a lot of money.

MrsCadwallader Sun 31-Jul-11 17:47:28

We haven't actually started looking yet! I'll let you know.

soymama Sun 31-Jul-11 18:16:46

I'm looking for a camping table and chairs too!

<pull up a chair>

MrsCadwallader Sun 31-Jul-11 19:05:51

That one on the link does look good, though.... TBH I have no idea at all what the going rate is! We were going to start with Argos blush

NeatFreak Sun 31-Jul-11 19:19:33

direct.tesco.com/q/R.205-3493.aspx

We bought this a couple of years ago and it is still working perfectly after many uses. It's not the greatest quality but has suited the four of us fine, no wobbly bits or cracks/ loose bits

QBEE Sun 31-Jul-11 19:28:23

half price with standalone seats

QBEE Sun 31-Jul-11 19:35:26

oooo and 20% off tesco camping as well!

nobodysfool Sun 31-Jul-11 19:38:24

Neatfreak- i tried this one in Blacks and it wobbled so much it felt unsafe..asked the man there is it had just been put together badly and he said "no, they are just like that".My 2 DS would wreck that in 5 min wink

QBEE- i looked at that one as it was so reasonable but think ds2 (2 yrs) who is known for not being able to sit still would probably plop off.Hence why we are thinking about the bench ones...much more chance he may stay seated.

NeatFreak Sun 31-Jul-11 19:39:53

Ours isn't at all wobbly... maybe they've changed the design since we got ours

nobodysfool Sun 31-Jul-11 19:46:55

or maybe im just a big heffa grin

MrsShrekTheThird Sun 31-Jul-11 19:56:30

hating to be rude, but whatever you do, avoid the plastic table with four little plasticky stools all attached - unless you spend a lot of ££ they're very very flimsy.
We actually use a rollup table (weird but brilliant) - lightweight and great pack size, like the Gelert one here. We use a strange assortment of chairs, a couple of directors chairs, a camping highchair for dd and various sized stools, so we can get everone to the right height at the table and it all folds very neatly.

QBEE Sun 31-Jul-11 19:58:13

this one is twice the price but what you are after however I do think that for £30 after discount the other is a bargain and he would be less likely to fall off as the seats are fabric so his weight should hold him on better than on a bench.

All that aside with the discount the other is cheaper than the ebay one smile although the four seperate seat bargain one has what looks like a sturdier table.

I have this one and it is EXTREMELY sturdy even with a 19st person on one side and nobody on the other it does not tipple or strain grin

NeatFreak Sun 31-Jul-11 20:41:33

We often use ours with four adults (dh is 6'4'' so we aren't all petite) and it really has coped! Maybe I bought a lucky one!

nobodysfool Mon 01-Aug-11 10:25:29

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pyramid-Folding-Picnic-Table-Benches-Camping-Caravan-/170673664447?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Camping_furniture_ET&hash=item27bcf171bf

Just bought this one , thanks for all your advice smile

CaptainNancy Mon 01-Aug-11 10:41:44

Is it more practical to have separates? We are looking atm as the children struggle to eat on the floor (we are v minimalist campers)... just never camped with furniture before... grin

nobodysfool Mon 01-Aug-11 15:29:05

CaptainNancy - i went for the table and bench combo so they can be pulled up to the table so ds2 can reach.I will report back when it arrives and let you know what we think .

CaptainNancy Mon 01-Aug-11 22:15:59

I will await your review then nobodysfool! smile

nobodysfool Tue 02-Aug-11 15:46:54

well it arrived today.Such a small box.I managed to put it together in no time at all.Once done it is very sturdy and the 2 benches aree comfy.The table is large enough for our family to have a meal on.Brilliant table and bench set.Would throughly recommend.HTH.

CaptainNancy Tue 02-Aug-11 22:07:43

smile Sounds great- thanks very much!

notwavingjustironing Tue 02-Aug-11 22:27:27

I've got that set too. It really is great !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now