Talk

Advanced search

Small site north wales - any recommendations?

(11 Posts)
MrsSnaplegs Sun 31-Jul-11 15:52:03

Looking for a small family/dog friendly site around Bala / bed gelert area ? Hopefully by then we will have a trailer tent so somewhere that would be ok with that. Looking to go up 15 Aug for about 5 days.
TIA

MrsSnaplegs Sun 31-Jul-11 17:52:26

Bump wink

TeamDamon Sun 31-Jul-11 17:59:19

This one is quite a large site in that it takes a lot of tents but it is very laid back - think chatting round the camp fire rather than anything more lively. Be warned though - there are a LOT of midges as it is on the shores of a lake.

This one is very basic and really only any good if you are all keen walkers - I don't know whether it takes trailer tents or not.

This one looks lovely!

MrsSnaplegs Sun 31-Jul-11 18:16:51

Team thanks the last one looks great just got to get a trailer tent from fleabay nowgrin

MrsSnaplegs Sun 31-Jul-11 19:39:29

Bum just lost out on trailer tent in last secondsangry wish my DH would do the bidding thing! Lost by £2angry because my bid wasn't quick enough

MollieO Sun 31-Jul-11 19:49:21

Here is lovely. They have a steam train that stops in the grounds. You can walk into Beddgelert.

MollieO Sun 31-Jul-11 19:49:57

Sorry [[ http://camping.forestholidays.co.uk/camping_and_caravanning/our_sites__locations/wales/beddgelert.aspx here]]

MollieO Sun 31-Jul-11 19:50:28

Not sure why my links aren't working camping.forestholidays.co.uk/camping_and_caravanning/our_sites__locations/wales/beddgelert.aspx

MrsSnaplegs Sun 31-Jul-11 19:58:32

Mollieo thank you that is the one my DH was thinking of but couldn't remember the name of grin
Just need something to camp in now
We are restoring a vintage caravan which is not ready, we have just sold/ given away our 2 tents that were too small, we either need a cheap reliable trailer and big tent or trailer tent to see us through the next 6 months/ year of camping grin
Would hire something local but we have a landrover show to go to as well weekend before so need something to camp in there and then going down to Devon following week to see my mum so need something for there - aargh I hate fleabay, wish we had enough spare cash to just buy a new trailer and big tent, never mind we'll get there grin
Thank you all for your advice

MollieO Sun 31-Jul-11 20:14:57

We spent nearly a week there last year and loved it despite the fact that it rained every day. Really pretty place and if you can't be bothered to cook you can order freshly cooked pizza to collect at a time to suit you.

Good luck with your trailer tent search.

MrsSnaplegs Tue 02-Aug-11 11:54:14

Oh well plans cancelled, car failed it's MOT and needs £500+ spent on it for welding even with DH helping out. Looks like we are holidaying from Home again this year.

I do love my DH but sometimes angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now