Talk

Advanced search

I have just come back from my first ever camping trip!

(10 Posts)
OvO Sat 30-Jul-11 11:57:20

Did we go somewhere nearby in case we hated it or did we go 6 hours from home with the last 50 miles down a one track road?

grin

We went to Durness and oh my giddy aunt it was beautiful. The most beautiful beaches I've ever seen. Campsite was above the beach with amazing views.

Had our quechua base seconds 4.2 with us - we bought it due to threads on MN. grin. Made it so quick to get settled in and I didn't get into a huge argument with my DH and threaten to stab him with a tent pole - bonus!

I want to go away again! Now. <goes to pack>

But thank go to you lot as I'd never have got a tent if not for this section making camping sound fun.grin

And some more gringringrin just because.

SeaShellsMyDogSmells Sat 30-Jul-11 13:31:55

grin sounds amazing! Can you link to the site please? When a trip gies well it's the best feeling smile

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 30-Jul-11 13:33:14

Brilliant smile
dd is off camping atm and I am verrrrry jealous!

OvO Sat 30-Jul-11 14:00:44

This is the campsite.. Though we saw loads of people wild camping on the way up!

SeaShellsMyDogSmells Sat 30-Jul-11 14:03:32

<bookmarked> looks amazing, not a bad start to your camping adventures!

OvO Sat 30-Jul-11 14:17:42

The loos and showers needed a little tlc but it was great apart from that. Loads of room to find yourself a wee cosy corner and the manager was great. No rush to get off site - said he comes round at 4pm so would charge us if we were still there but any time before that was fine. So there was still a lot of the day to enjoy before having to pack up.

I'm off to ogle Cobbs now. wink. This section is a bad for my wallet. grin

roisin Sat 30-Jul-11 14:21:52

It's a stunning part of the world, isn't it? We were there last year - stayed at the YHA.

Did you go to Cape Wrath?

OvO Sat 30-Jul-11 14:27:17

No we didn't but plan to next time. We were only there a couple of days as DH had to be back for a reenactment event today.

Woe. I would still be there otherwise! grin

I fear I'm overusing the grin emoticon now. grin

Selks Sat 30-Jul-11 14:35:05

looks gorgeous. Good value too.

MisSalLaneous Sat 30-Jul-11 17:48:27

What a way to start camping! Looks lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now