Talk

Advanced search

Which campsite - 1-2hrs from SW London, beach nearby?

(8 Posts)
MaggieW Thu 28-Jul-11 10:07:32

Two mums and five kids are going camping but need a recommendation for a campsite that will keep us all entertained. TIA.

MaggieW Thu 28-Jul-11 10:42:16

Sorry, posted before I'd put all details in. We're looking for something within a 1-2 hour drive of SW London with easy access to a beach and a campsite, not with entertainment but that is interesting enough for the kids to explore and have fun on. Thanks again.

Kingsroadie Thu 28-Jul-11 17:22:16

<lurks>. When you going? We are hoping to go on an impromptu mid week camp mid August, also from SW London, near the coast. Need to get on the case but I highly suspect most costal ones are fully booked now. FYI all the West Wittering ones are! (That's as far as I have got with my search...)

So unhelpful post but in the same boat!

spottyock Thu 28-Jul-11 21:23:41

We have been looking in West Wittering too. There is at least one site where you do not book - just turn up and hopefully pitch. I will see if I can find the link for you.

http://www.scotts-farm-camping.co.uk/tariffs.asp

Kingsroadie Thu 28-Jul-11 21:29:03

Ooh thanks Spotty. It seems to have 600 pitches in total although am a bit of a control freak and wouldn't like to be stuck with a toddler (and puppy possibly) and nowhere to stay! Anal I know grin

IloveJudgeJudy Thu 28-Jul-11 22:17:38

i would suggest Manston Caravan Park (takes tents, too!) which is pretty near Ramsgate/Margate and loads of other nice beaches. The site's lovely, with not much on it apart from a play area with some climbing frames, swings, etc, but space for them to run around on.

i've been there a few times with other families and it's been great. it's quite a relaxed campsite that allows BBQs (not campfires, though) and just always has a great feel about it.

You can book, too.

MaggieW Fri 29-Jul-11 09:49:41

Thanks for that. Have also found this one in West Wittering www.camping-in-sussex.com/ which doesn't take bookings but will send you on to a nearby farm if no room. Says midweek is usually not a problem after around 12-3pm once people have moved on.

Kingsroadie Fri 29-Jul-11 13:10:41

Ah yes Maggie I had looked at that - didn't realise it was a no booking one. But sounds as though you would probably be okay there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now