Talk

Advanced search

Good campsite near Peterborough?

(14 Posts)
lostlady Tue 26-Jul-11 20:30:28

Can any of you lovely campers recommend one?

Poshbaggirl Tue 26-Jul-11 22:36:41

Rutland Water? There must be one there.

LadyDamerel Tue 26-Jul-11 22:38:33

Tallington Lakes has a campsite and lots of watersports activities. It's about 20 mins out of central Peterborough.

AuntieMonica Tue 26-Jul-11 22:40:39

what sort of facilities are you looking for?

one here

and here

lostlady Tue 26-Jul-11 22:43:55

Thanks all-just looking for sometime relaxed and family friendly; DH has job to do down there, so thought we might all go and keep him company. Will check those links!

hellospoon Tue 26-Jul-11 22:47:35

Watch out for travellers. We have hundreds here in sunny shitty peterborough. I live there and its not much fun lol

hellospoon Tue 26-Jul-11 22:47:35

Watch out for travellers. We have hundreds here in sunny shitty peterborough. I live there and its not much fun lol

lostlady Wed 27-Jul-11 11:58:43

Thanks, hellospoon, that's why I thought I'd seek out some local knowledge, good to know what to look out for.

hocuspontas Wed 27-Jul-11 12:07:12

Does Ferry Meadows take tents? That's good for walking, cycling etc.

VivaLeBeaver Wed 27-Jul-11 12:08:32

Sacrewell farm

wheresthepimms Wed 27-Jul-11 12:08:37

Grafham has a few campsites nearby, bit further south but nice for walking/biking round.

hellospoon Wed 27-Jul-11 12:44:08

Ferry meadows has a caravan and camp site but I think it may be quite pricey, if you search for the number I'm sure they could tell you

Don't get me wrong I have nothing against travellers but around peterborough they tend to just pitch up wherever it suits them at the time so you could wake up surrounded by vans, horses and dogs.

hellospoon Wed 27-Jul-11 12:44:08

Ferry meadows has a caravan and camp site but I think it may be quite pricey, if you search for the number I'm sure they could tell you

Don't get me wrong I have nothing against travellers but around peterborough they tend to just pitch up wherever it suits them at the time so you could wake up surrounded by vans, horses and dogs.

lostlady Wed 27-Jul-11 15:19:46

Thanks,all,for loads of suggestions! Will settle down to check them all out tonight- rare sunny day here so must make most of it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now