Talk

Advanced search

camping virgin looking for a nice family friendly site in the South East....

(9 Posts)
nobodysfool Mon 25-Jul-11 23:24:27

hello, trying to find a nice family friendly site (yes i know i have left it late to get all the best places booked) would like EHU and would love a pool or beach close by........any recommendations?
Thanks.

theothermrsclooney Mon 25-Jul-11 23:42:09

Try Ewelease farm in Dorset...

nobodysfool Mon 25-Jul-11 23:46:08

bit too far theothermrsclooney, really want to stay in the South East.The DCs will get too restless on a long journey .

bellabelly Mon 25-Jul-11 23:48:01

Haven't been to it myself but friends have liked Blackberry Wood - about 8 miles from Brighton so quite near the sea. Any good?

NettleTea Tue 26-Jul-11 08:36:33

We are in the south east, and we are opening our farm for the bank holiday weekend. Very basic in terms of facilities, but beach is about 7 miles away. see the 'Mumnsnet Summer Camp thread for details. Plus other mumsnetters on hand for camping assistance!!

MisSalLaneous Tue 26-Jul-11 11:16:57

Wowo and Forgewood are also nice (and basic). Both allow campfires.

nobodysfool Tue 26-Jul-11 22:43:54

thanks for the site names will have a good look at them .

MegBusset Wed 27-Jul-11 00:25:09

Normans Bay near Pevensey is a lovely site, right by the beach. It's a Camping & Caravanning Club site and has hook-ups.

HairBearz Wed 27-Jul-11 01:21:26

Whatever you do, don't click on that link with your sound up high! Nearly died then when 'Tim' came on in his robotic voice. Calming down a bit now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now