Talk

Advanced search

Do I need an Icey-Tek?

(21 Posts)
kitbit Mon 25-Jul-11 19:55:58

Do I? We keep going places with no leccy and it would be great not to have to trek to the shops for chilled stuff every couple of days. I am bewildered by all the sizes, do they really stay properly cold for days and days?

I need one, don't I?

Slubberdegullion Mon 25-Jul-11 20:21:13

yes

yes

yes

YellowDinosaur Mon 25-Jul-11 20:27:18

I knew you'd be on here saying yes slubber!

Slubberdegullion Mon 25-Jul-11 20:47:25

I could name change and pretend to be another happy tekster owner.

SlubberWithFalseNoseAndTache Mon 25-Jul-11 20:50:42

<cough>

Yes I agree with Slubber.

I have an orange blue 40l 25l and it's brilliant. Keeps food cold for days and days. I love it.

YellowDinosaur Mon 25-Jul-11 21:20:56

grin

slubberfalsetache so you like drinking gin vodka from yours perchance?

kitbit Mon 25-Jul-11 21:29:23

arf

<pulls Slubber's wig off and runs off with it>

Are they really good then? Is the 40L one huge, much bigger than a standard picnic coolbox? Will I still have room in the car for my svatter cushions?

<runs>

SlubberWithFalseNoseAndTache Mon 25-Jul-11 21:42:09

Yellow, of an evening I prefer my icey-tek with Malibu.

Slubberdegullion Mon 25-Jul-11 21:45:13

They are good.

I mean they are not like

OMG OMG LOOK AT MY COOLBOX AND THE COLDNESS THERIN QUICK! QUICK!
That would be crazy.

They keep your food colder for longer than most other coolboxes.

And you can pick your colour.

40l is pretty big. Certainly big enough for lots of frozen meals and 3-4 days of fresh stuff.

NettleTea Mon 25-Jul-11 21:49:08

Ive just ordered 3 for the campsite, and got that black one off ebay, so Im waiting to be wowed xxx

ReshapeWhileDamp Mon 25-Jul-11 21:52:05

You got it, NettleTea? Yay! grin I was watching it (NOT with a view to buying it myself) and hoping one of us might nab it.

Slubberdegullion Mon 25-Jul-11 21:54:03

Oh well done Nettle on your black tekster win.

YellowDinosaur Mon 25-Jul-11 22:18:57

Slubberfalsetache you have gone down in my estimation with the Malibu. I'm sure that the REAL slubber wouldn't be caught drinking something that tastes like suncream so grim!

Nice one Nettle on the tekster win!

Slubberdegullion Tue 26-Jul-11 08:13:38

Quite right Yellow.

malibu?

Freak

Doyouthinktheysaurus Tue 26-Jul-11 08:49:54

I love mine.

We have a 40L and it's pretty big. We have been camping since Saturday, put in a 2L frozen bottle of water before we came, it's still frozen.

Loads of space too.

DHwonTheDadsRace Tue 26-Jul-11 13:08:35

We just took ours on first trip away (orange 40l, I am not slubber), and dh has not moaned about how big it is since... it is about twice the size on the outside as a "picnic" one, but it stayed properly cold for the whole 48 hours (and I hadn't primed it properly - that would have meant reading the instructions more than 10 minutes before we left the house).

Also, the service from the company was good. Ours had a dent on the top - would not affect use and we'll probably damage it worse over the summer - but as an expensive item, I expected it to be in perfect condition when it arrived. Called her up, and she would have happily despatched a replacement, but I asked for a small discount instead (delivery cost equivalent), and she happily did that. So, very pleased with them.

Bradsmum Thu 18-Aug-11 10:09:37

Green 40L Icey Tek on ebay... unfortunately in Essex otherwise I'd be off after it - thanks to you lot on here I now have to have one...grin

lovecat Thu 18-Aug-11 10:30:28

Ooh! I need to go home now cos I'm sick so I can access ebay ... Did you notice when it ended, Bradsmum?

(Nettletea - have you got enough Iceys for your site now? Don't want to get into a bidding war with a fellow MNer - green is my fave colour....wink)

Bradsmum Thu 18-Aug-11 10:35:37

Just gone back in to check and listing has ended early - must be a MNer who did the deal..

lovecat Thu 18-Aug-11 20:33:40

Thank you for looking, though, Bradsmum (sorry for not coming back sooner, I tried to post this this morning and it wouldn't let me!).

It's not meant to be...

Kingsroadie Fri 19-Aug-11 09:09:54

I am also after one - coolbag was utter crap this trip! (probably to be expected)

But think a 25L one as our car was packed fit to burst this time (and we have a roofbox - how can this be?!) so I think we had better stick to a 25L one...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now