Talk

Advanced search

help me choose between these two tents please, its driving me mad!!!!!

(10 Posts)
PebblesAndWine Mon 25-Jul-11 15:37:59

Ok, I need to buy one asap and have narrowed it down to either the wynnster perpignan 8 or vango Athena 600. Stumped. So you can all decide for me!

There are 5 of us, kids are 12, 8 and 3.....

Will try to do links......

www.gooutdoors.co.uk/athena-600-p179052

www.somersetcamping.co.uk/detail.asp?p=500&product=Perpignan%208%20Navy

Thank you!!!

Slubberdegullion Mon 25-Jul-11 16:14:58

The steel poles of the wynnester would win it for me, despite the
HH being less than the vango.

PebblesAndWine Mon 25-Jul-11 16:39:06

Oh I didn't even look at that, although I did see the hh was more on the vango.

Thank you, I have to say its my favourite even though its more expensive....

Slubberdegullion Mon 25-Jul-11 16:43:22

Yeah but less likely to get damaged in gonorrhoearic gales.

PebblesAndWine Mon 25-Jul-11 17:00:00

You're right, I think the wynnster wins!

PebblesAndWine Mon 25-Jul-11 19:55:43

Wynnster bought grin I want it now, can't wait to get camping!

SlubberWithFalseNoseAndTache Mon 25-Jul-11 20:51:57

yay

Happy camping smile

musicposy Mon 25-Jul-11 22:50:10

Yay! We have a Wynnster Mallard 5 bought about 9 years ago now, a bit smaller than yours but similar design. We love it and it is still going strong after all these years of very heavy use. It stood up to torrential rain in the highlands of Scotland very nicely. We're taking it back there with us later this week (and hoping for better weather grin ).

Happy camping, hope you love your tent!

cheerup Tue 26-Jul-11 06:59:15

I've got my eye on the Perpignan 8. Let me know how you get on on your first trip with yours. I also like the Hi Gear Corado 8 and Hartford XL. Ah decisions decisions...

Whichever we go with we won't be using it until the spring and I thought we might get a better deal I'm an end of season sale but the Perpignan 8 is currently on offer with the carpet for 275 which seems a really good price. What do you camping experts think - should we buy now or wait?

PebblesAndWine Tue 26-Jul-11 10:39:18

Oh that's great music, very reassuring! Some friends have a wynnster and I was quite taken with it on a camping trip earlier this year.....can't wait to try it out grin

cheerup, we did think about waiting but that deal seemed much too good to pass up, we are camping in Wales on 5 August, I will make sure I come back and let you know how we got on. But I would go for it, its a bargain!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now