Talk

Advanced search

simple stroller at a festival?

(11 Posts)
knittakid Sat 23-Jul-11 13:42:46

Will it get destroyed by mud/etc? it's one of those with double wheels.

mousymouse Sat 23-Jul-11 13:47:02

yes it will.
how old is the child? maybe a combination of a carrier/sling and a "bollerwagen"?

knittakid Sat 23-Jul-11 15:36:33

oh wow those are great!!! if only I could afford them... it'll have to be a sling, it's just that he's 20lbs already! (four months). Thanks mousymouse.

Muckyhighchair Sat 23-Jul-11 15:56:03

I think that would get just as stuck as a push chair.

It's a shame your little one isn't a bit older, when I go to festivals I had my dad make a sleigh type thing out of a dustbin lid (unused) you have to be cafefull as to which one you use, no sticking up handle, or sharpe edges, tied a bit of rope to form a handle and a tow rope, my mum used a old pillow to form a cushion and hey pesto a mud sleigh was born, I even attach it to one of those dog walking waist belts

Works a dream and cost all of 5!

ReshapeWhileDamp Sat 23-Jul-11 21:05:31

knittakid, I'm happily carrying my 7 mo and will do so for many more months, and I tend to think of myself as someone with a not-so-great back! Do you have a local Slingmeet? They will normally rent out slings for the month for a few pounds, and there's a huge range available, so you will probably find something you can use comfortably. I find a Soft Structured Carrier (like an Ergo, Patapum, Bondolino, Beco, etc) is handy for more than an hour's carrying, and you can use them on your back too! I'm thinking of taking our McLaren buggy for DS1 (3) to cart him back in the evenings, but will wait on the weather forecast to see if it's likely to be muddy. DS2 will be in an assortment of slings throughout! grin

Wish I could afford/had the bootspace for a wagon, though.

mooloo Sat 23-Jul-11 21:27:17

You need a 3 wheeler if using a pushchair nothing else will work. Last time we went to a festival we just got one off Ebay for £20. I use a sling as well but believe me you will not want to be relying on that all day and evening.

knittakid Mon 25-Jul-11 11:23:25

Yes Reshapewhiledamp (love the name btw) I'm looking for a soft carrier now for that purpuse, I have a wrap but he's getting to heavy for it.
Mooloo, we don't have the boot space for a buggy anyway...sad

ReshapeWhileDamp Mon 25-Jul-11 22:47:24

I'd take our three-wheeler Baby Jogger, but if we take that, then we'll all have to sleep in it, as there won't be room for a tent in the car! The festival we're going to isn't exactly Glasto, so if it isn't wet underfoot, I don't think there'll be mud. So I'll leave it until then to decide. (not sure what we do about lugging DS1 to evening sets if we don't have somewhere for him to crash, though.)

Knittakid, is your wrap the stretchy kind? I found they didn't support DS2 much past 4 months, because there's a lot of 'bounce'. I have woven wraps that are much easier on the back, but everyone's different in what they find comfy. smile

knittakid Tue 26-Jul-11 13:15:36

The festival we are going to might not be muddy either, so will do as you Reshape.
The wrap I have is a hoppediz, so it's not stretchy, but find it really heavy on the shoulders. also have a mei tai but has no padding so after a while it's not good. I'm trying to swap the hopp for a soft structured at the mo.

ReshapeWhileDamp Tue 26-Jul-11 15:21:55

Are you on Natural Mamas forum? You could probably trade one of your slings in for something more supportive.

knittakid Tue 26-Jul-11 22:21:19

Just swaped it for a patapum! ( at the yahoo group) Thanks for the advice ladies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now